Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for new software cycle....

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 947 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

This just started today. Did a reboot, but My HR21-100 is locked into a cycle of "Looking for New Software"... It never finds anything and instructs me to do a RBR. Which I've done but the cycle just repeats. I tried unplugging the HR,nothing, I unplugged the power and the SWM connection, nothing. Any ideas???

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,062 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

There is probably nothing in the stream for that receiver, keep an eye on the FW monitor and do the DL when it's there.

Is this unit on the current CE?

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#3 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

There is probably nothing in the stream for that receiver, keep an eye on the FW monitor and do the DL when it's there.

Is this unit on the current CE?

No it is on the NR 05d2..

#4 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,459 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

This just started today. Did a reboot, but My HR21-100 is locked into a cycle of "Looking for New Software"... It never finds anything and instructs me to do a RBR. Which I've done but the cycle just repeats. I tried unplugging the HR,nothing, I unplugged the power and the SWM connection, nothing. Any ideas???

Well, that's a new one. I've had to dump HRs because they were caught in a 771 loop, kept searching for signals even tho every other HR I had at the time was functioning correctly, but I've never had this happen. Were it me, I'd dump that 21-100 and get a better model.

Rich

#5 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

Well, that's a new one. I've had to dump HRs because they were caught in a 771 loop, kept searching for signals even tho every other HR I had at the time was functioning correctly, but I've never had this happen. Were it me, I'd dump that 21-100 and get a better model.

Rich

It may come to that, I can't be assured that I would get a newer model though and I don't want to buy one. I looked on theRedH(http://www.redh.com/dtv/index.php?list) site and right now the NR(05d2) is showing as "Inactive" When it is back in the stream I'll try again. If that does not work, I guess I'll make the call to DTV, and see if they will supply another rec'vr. If I do have to make that call, should I start with "Retention" or go thru the standard CSR's and normal trouble shooting? Any thoughts?
The really perplexing thing is, I was not trying to do a download, I just did a Menu reset.....:confused:

#6 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,459 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

It may come to that, I can't be assured that I would get a newer model though and I don't want to buy one. I looked on theRedH(http://www.redh.com/dtv/index.php?list) site and right now the NR(05d2) is showing as "Inactive" When it is back in the stream I'll try again. If that does not work, I guess I'll make the call to DTV, and see if they will supply another rec'vr. If I do have to make that call, should I start with "Retention" or go thru the standard CSR's and normal trouble shooting? Any thoughts?
The really perplexing thing is, I was not trying to do a download, I just did a Menu reset.....:confused:

I belong to the Protection Plan and don't have to deal with the "normal" CSRs. I'd try Retention if I were you.

Rich

#7 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,062 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

No need to go through retention, that department is for people that call to cancel service.

Call them and explain the problem, if/when they determine that it needs to be replaced then your best chance to chose a particular receiver model is to ask for a tech to deliver and hook it up, otherwise you will get the next receiver that's ready to go out the door.

#8 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

No need to go through retention, that department is for people that call to cancel service.

Call them and explain the problem, if/when they determine that it needs to be replaced then your best chance to chose a particular receiver model is to ask for a tech to deliver and hook it up, otherwise you will get the next receiver that's ready to go out the door.

Does this procedure result in a service charge? I don't have the ProtectionPlan.

#9 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

UPDATE: All is well....:joy:

The HR21 was able to download the 05d2 software, once it was back in the stream.(Thanks for the tip,Scott) After downloading, it rebooted to it and everything is back to normal. Guide cache was not even lost on this. Red button on Olympic channels now loads the Olympic info and that was the reason I started this in the first place. I still don't understand why it looked for new software though, I was just doing a Menu reset....:confused:

Thanks for all the help with this guys....

#10 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,062 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

I'm glad it all worked out.

To answer your previous question, you would have probably been charged for a service call. To some it's worth the call to have a chance of getting a better receiver.

spam firewall