Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Recording/tuners issue

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   xfoneguy

xfoneguy

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

Puzzled about this - maybe I'm misunderstanding how this works..... I have a 2 Hopper/1 Joey setup. One Hopper has all 3 tuners in use. I link my Joey to the OTHER Hopper.... but when I try to set up a recording, I get the "conflict resolution" screen, showing the FIRST Hopper (the one that I am not linked to).

Any ideas?? Something just doesnt seem to add up.

Thanks!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,093 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

Puzzled about this - maybe I'm misunderstanding how this works..... I have a 2 Hopper/1 Joey setup. One Hopper has all 3 tuners in use. I link my Joey to the OTHER Hopper.... but when I try to set up a recording, I get the "conflict resolution" screen, showing the FIRST Hopper (the one that I am not linked to).

Any ideas?? Something just doesnt seem to add up.

How are you linking to the other Hopper? Through the setting menu or just selecting it on the my recordings screen?

#3 OFFLINE   xfoneguy

xfoneguy

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

How are you linking to the other Hopper? Through the setting menu or just selecting it on the my recordings screen?

I've been using Settings - is that not correct? Maybe thats the problem?

#4 OFFLINE   xfoneguy

xfoneguy

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

I'm confused - isnt "My Recordings" only something that appears with the "DVR" button (previously recorded programs)? How would I record something new from there?

thanks!

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,093 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

I've been using Settings - is that not correct? Maybe thats the problem?

Settings is the correct place. One can change the list of saved recordings on the My Recordings screen between the two hoppers and I was hoping that you were not simply selecting the other Hopper on the My Recordings screen and expecting it to stick.

Perhaps the re-linking didn't stick?

#6 OFFLINE   xfoneguy

xfoneguy

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

Settings is the correct place. One can change the list of saved recordings on the My Recordings screen between the two hoppers and I was hoping that you were not simply selecting the other Hopper on the My Recordings screen and expecting it to stick.

Perhaps the re-linking didn't stick?

could be - it's probably worth resetting the connections, re-linking and/or reboot(s)?

Something is definitely flaky here! I've only been with Dish about a month, so I'm still learning.

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,093 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

I'd start with rebooting the Joey and then, if the Hopper that is not staying connected is not recording, rebooting it.

#8 OFFLINE   xfoneguy

xfoneguy

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'd start with rebooting the Joey and then, if the Hopper that is not staying connected is not recording, rebooting it.

Thanks - will try that right now.

#9 OFFLINE   xfoneguy

xfoneguy

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

Well, talk about overlooking the obvious (and easiest) .... rebooting the Joey did the trick. When I select a program to record, it's actually recording on the Hopper that I was supposed to be linked with.

I've gone back and forth several times between the 2 Hoppers and it appears that the linking is now working exactly as it should be.

Thanks again.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...