Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 owners: A quick question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   satman48

satman48

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

When you are watching the HR34 from another room do you experience a slowdown when skipping through commercials like I do when I view from another HR unit in another room?

Been wondering if it's worth the trouble to consolidate the 4 DVR's I have into the HR34 or am I better off as it stands as I wouldn't have every show thats been recorded on just one device.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

It's going to depend on your setup and preferences. However you have more versatlity with 4 HD DVR's than you do with a HR34 and if something goes wrong you risk less. Trickplay over WHDVR is inherintly slower than locally regardless of receiver type.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,221 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

When you are watching the HR34 from another room do you experience a slowdown when skipping through commercials like I do when I view from another HR unit in another room?

Been wondering if it's worth the trouble to consolidate the 4 DVR's I have into the HR34 or am I better off as it stands as I wouldn't have every show thats been recorded on just one device.

Trickplay seems the same for me regardless of which DVR is the client or server. It's all just a little slower over the WH network.

If you're only concerned with trickplay speed from the HR34, then it may not be worth it for you.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

spam firewall