Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cannot Record OTA Station

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,662 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Yes, but you also implied that the "check" is failing on the OP's machine and that's what's keeping him from setting up the recording. That's not the case.

There's something else keeping him from doing it, not the lack of guide data.

I guess another test would be for the OP to try pressing the RECORD button on an OTA channel with GUIDE data. We already know he can't do that with a channel that says "regularly scheduled programming".
/steve

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,988 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

Yes, but you also implied that the "check" is failing on the OP's machine and that's what's keeping him from setting up the recording. That's not the case.

There's something else keeping him from doing it, not the lack of guide data.

Think what I saw might have something to do with it.
I couldn't get the recording to start "right then", but needed to set it up for any time coming. It could be only 1 min, but got an error trying to enter the same/current min for start time.
A.K.A VOS

#23 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

I guess another test would be for the OP to try pressing the RECORD button on an OTA channel with GUIDE data. We already know he can't do that with a channel that says "regularly scheduled programming".

Yeah, that would be a good test. If it won't work on a channel with guide data there's definitely something up.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#24 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,662 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

Yeah, that would be a good test. If it won't work on a channel with guide data there's definitely something up.

Just tried it on an HR24/AM21 that's on the NR.

I can't press the RECORD button on an NBC OTA channel that says "Regularly Scheduled" in the GUIDE on 8/16 at 9AM. I just get a "bonk". I can set it up manually, though, and it shows "TBA" in the TDL.
/steve

#25 OFFLINE   raromr

raromr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:27 AM

OK, here is what is happening. Restarted receiver and re-ran antenna set up. The channel comes in fine with a strong signal. While watching the channel I set up a Manual Record and it did record. So, I set it up to manually record each weekday at the same time beginning this morning. And just like it did last week, the Manual Recording did not work, the channel is now black, and on the History is says that the Recording was cancelled. In order to get the channel to appear again, I have to restart the receiver.

Edited by raromr, 06 August 2012 - 07:00 AM.

#26 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,315 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

OK, here is what is happening. Restarted receiver and re-ran antenna set up. The channel comes in fine with a strong signal. While watching the channel I set up a Manual Record and it did record. So, I set it up to manually record each weekday at the same time beginning this morning. And just like it did last week, the Manual Recording did not work, the channel is now black, and on the History is says that the Recording was cancelled. In order to get the channel to appear again, I have to restart the receiver.

Probably time to call DirecTV, although those first-line CSR's may not be at all familiar with OTA recordings, let alone manual recordings.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#27 OFFLINE   raromr

raromr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

Thanks. I know that will be a waste of time so I will not even try. I'll just live without it or hope that some later firmware update "magically" fixes the issue like it did when the HR24 and AM21 used to have hiccups here and there. It just does not make sense why the channel becomes unwatchable simply by virture of trying to record it.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...