Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Need some advice. Moving 2 times over the next 9 months.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 808 posts
  • LocationTobacco Road, NC

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

And the best part is I didn't ask for anything nor threaten to cancel. Just told them I needed to suspend for 8 months. They have a customer for life :)
Cheers,
Ray Johnson

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   balboadave

balboadave

Legend

• Registered
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:06 AM

You keep saying 8 months like it's a given. :D

I just finished (well, almost, but at least I can move back in) a custom remodel of just a 1000 sq. ft. home. I tried to do it in 3 months, I planned for 4, and it has taken 6 (at about 50% over my original budget too, but I blame my extravagant tastes for the cost overrun, not the builder).

So with all sincerity, I hope that you are able to move in in just 8 months. But realistically, 12 is entirely likely, so accepting that possibility now will alleviate a lot, and I mean a whole lot, of stress. This is what I was told at the beginning of my remodel would happen by several friends, and I didn't believe them then. I sure do now, so I'm passing on their advice. Best of luck.

#23 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 808 posts
  • LocationTobacco Road, NC

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

My builder swears up and down that he will deliver the home within 8 months of starting. We are almost ready to break ground as we have to finalize and approve the plans. The target move in has some flexibility (extra 3-4 months) so if we have to stay longer in the apt then no biggie.
Cheers,
Ray Johnson

spam firewall