Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Movers confirmation not showing relocating existing hd-dvrs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   housemr

housemr

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

per a hall of fame user in another thread (http://www.dbstalk.c...704#post3057704) it was suggested i ask this in a new thread to get some help

i called back after being told in the above thread that i could have a hr34 even though i dont have a samsung tv. i was able get a hr 34 instead of just a hd-dvr box. the csr rep cancelled the original order (instead of modifying it for some reason) and then rescheduled the movers install to the same date and time that i had before but with a new order #.

now the issue seems to be the csr didnt add Relocating my Existing 3 HDDVR IRD on the orders. i called back a few hours later and and was told everything was fine. well this morning i got a confirmation of order email from directv showing a slimline dish and no listing of relocation of existing dvrs.

what should i do now as two csrs have told me everything is setup correctly? why did the first order confirmation have relocate existing and the second order does not? please help as i dont want the installer to show up with a swm and lnb that doesnt support all my tuners and not be able to complete the install.

old email confirmation
Posted Image

new email confirmation
Posted Image

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,227 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

The CSR cancelled the orignial order as it is just easier for them to recreate a new order.

As for the line items, I would call back up again and speak to a CSR. Do not mention the orignal order at all. Just discuss how you have a Movers Connection order pending and when you got the confirmation today you noticed that it only has the HMC HD DVR on it and does not list the relocation of your other 3 DVRs. If a line item is not on the order, it will not be done.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   housemr

housemr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

The CSR cancelled the orignial order as it is just easier for them to recreate a new order.

As for the line items, I would call back up again and speak to a CSR. Do not mention the orignal order at all. Just discuss how you have a Movers Connection order pending and when you got the confirmation today you noticed that it only has the HMC HD DVR on it and does not list the relocation of your other 3 DVRs. If a line item is not on the order, it will not be done.

- Merg

i figured that is what i would have to do. last night when i did that the csr said everything for your relocation is there and "our system displays things differently each week and that is why your current hd-dvr are not on there. The problem when i call the movers line and click the option to change or modify a movers it takes me to a regular csr and not a movers csr

#4 OFFLINE   housemr

housemr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

i think everything is good now unless i am misssing something. all three boxes that are being moved, new hr 34 hmc, and i am guessing mrv is the same as the whole home dvr. am i missing anything?

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,232 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

Looks good. You're going to need a SWM16, but that won't show up on your paperwork. Or the appropriate LNB. When the installer arrives, go through his work order and verify everything. And try and steer him away from any 8-way splitters.

#6 OFFLINE   housemr

housemr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Looks good. You're going to need a SWM16, but that won't show up on your paperwork. Or the appropriate LNB. When the installer arrives, go through his work order and verify everything. And try and steer him away from any 8-way splitters.

thanks

spam firewall