Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Question about Sunday ticket blackout channels

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   loudo2002

loudo2002

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:45 AM

Im sure one of you guys can answer this in about 10 seconds, so here goes.

If a game is on in my local area, say on channel 11, would it also be on the 700's channel that the sunday ticket games are on, or would that channel be blacked out?

It gets annoying when you want to just scroll thru games and not have to switch back to the local channel all the time.

Thanks for the help!
Lou

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

that channel would be blacked out have to watch your local channel
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#3 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

Are your local channels on your receivers? There are a couple of methods you can use to just see the football channels. Set one of your custom guides to only these channels. I'm doing that right now for just the Olympic channels. There is also the quick Tune where you have nine channels quickly available.

#4 OFFLINE   Shaqdan

Shaqdan

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

I was going to suggest that as well. I have one custom guide called "weekend" for just that purpose.

#5 OFFLINE   inf0z

inf0z

Legend

• Registered
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

Im sure one of you guys can answer this in about 10 seconds, so here goes.

If a game is on in my local area, say on channel 11, would it also be on the 700's channel that the sunday ticket games are on, or would that channel be blacked out?

It gets annoying when you want to just scroll thru games and not have to switch back to the local channel all the time.

Thanks for the help!
Lou

I personally use the score guide for both football and baseball season, this allows me to see all games available and if the score is a blow-out I have no real interest in watching the game.

#6 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

that channel would be blacked out have to watch your local channel

I'm pretty sure you are right that the channel will be blacked out and he will have to watch his local channel. But, won't gamesearch kick in when he turns to that channel and find it or him? I can't remember it's been a couple years since I've had Sunday Ticket.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#7 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,649 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

I think gamesearch just comes up with a screen saying blackout & redirects to the local channel.

#8 OFFLINE   Garyunc

Garyunc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

I think gamesearch just comes up with a screen saying blackout & redirects to the local channel.

favorite channels is the way to go. I actually have one for Sunday 1 pm games and another for Sunday 4 pm games. I have to edit both once a week of course but it works great.
DirecTV customer since 1995

#9 OFFLINE   SteveHas

SteveHas

Hall of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Game is always blacked out on NFLST, when available on local affiliate.

#10 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,621 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

I'm pretty sure you are right that the channel will be blacked out and he will have to watch his local channel. But, won't gamesearch kick in when he turns to that channel and find it or him? I can't remember it's been a couple years since I've had Sunday Ticket.

Game search is a very slow way to go when you know where the game is on. Only really useful when you don't know where you can get the game like some college stuff.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#11 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

Game search often takes me to a channel in the 300s that I don't get rather than channel 2 or 11.

#12 OFFLINE   KarenRichmond

KarenRichmond

AllStar

• Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

What about with the To Go portion of the Max package? If I have a game on my laptop does it know it is available locally? Or do I get all the games on my laptop no matter what?

#13 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

What about with the To Go portion of the Max package? If I have a game on my laptop does it know it is available locally? Or do I get all the games on my laptop no matter what?

It will be blacked out on To Go as well.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#14 OFFLINE   KarenRichmond

KarenRichmond

AllStar

• Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

It will be blacked out on To Go as well.

How does it know where you are? the idea of To Go is to watch it no matter where I am on my computer so if I am out of town and want to watch a game that is showing on a local channel back home but not where I am I should be able to watch it

#15 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

How does it know where you are? the idea of To Go is to watch it no matter where I am on my computer so if I am out of town and want to watch a game that is showing on a local channel back home but not where I am I should be able to watch it

IP addresses
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...