Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRT assistance please on international channels....

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mnassour

mnassour

Icon

• Registered
  • 839 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

A few questions about international programming and exactly what is on which channel, if you don't mind.

I'd like to sign up for the International Basic Pack, with the French Bouquet, but have some questions as to exactly what is on which channel. Mainly, which channels are in English and which are in French.

For example: Euronews appears on 9793 in the Bouquet, and the IBP. Is this channel in English or Portuguese? I have been told varying things by the phone CSRs. The description on the website says both. Does this mean part of the day in English and part in Portuguese, or are there different audio carriers?

France 24 is on 660 in the IBP and 9862 in the Bouquet. Can you tell me which is English and which is French?

The same question for Trace Urban, which is on 785 in the IBP and 9861 in the Bouquet? Is one French and the other English?

Is Luxe TV on 9796 in English?

What kind of dish setup would I need for this, a standard dish or something out of the ordinary?

And finally…are any of these channels available in HD?

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

Not sure as to the programing question, but you would need either a dish500+ or a dish1000+, depending on whether you have HD or not.

#3 OFFLINE   GiantsFan383

GiantsFan383

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

Not sure as to the programing question, but you would need either a dish500+ or a dish1000+, depending on whether you have HD or not.

correct you need to see 118 all the international channels have moved there
dish network AT250

#4 OFFLINE   mnassour

mnassour

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 839 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

When I first considered this a year or so ago, I seem to remember needing something called a 1000.1 or something like that. Well, I'm sure the installer will bring the right equipment, I was kind of wondering about the hardware.

But the last thing I want to do is get through an install commit to two years, and then find my programming is in the wrong language!

#5 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

When I first considered this a year or so ago, I seem to remember needing something called a 1000.1 or something like that. Well, I'm sure the installer will bring the right equipment, I was kind of wondering about the hardware.

But the last thing I want to do is get through an install commit to two years, and then find my programming is in the wrong language!

Since all the International programing is on one sat, if you get the wrong package, a simple phone call to dish would corrected. Equipment will not have to be changed.

#6 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

EuroNews is both all the time. Alternalte Audio control to "Other" gives you Portuguese.
French 24 is in English on 665
Luxe on 9796 is in English
Trace Urban on 9861 is English

Those are the ones I know, that is not to say other channels are or are not in English, but the ones I list are in English according to the Dish site.

#7 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

I'm watching to see if any of the DIRT members respond. I haven't seen them active for a while.

That scares me:eek2:

#8 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

I'm watching to see if any of the DIRT members respond. I haven't seen them active for a while.

That scares me:eek2:

We are still here ;)

Euro news is available in both English and Portuguese using alternate audio.

France 24 on 9864 is in English with alternate audio available.

Trance Urban is a 24 hour French language music video channel.

Luxe is broadcast directly from Luxembourg. I don't have any other details about the channel other than what type of programming, but I would assume this is only available in French.

As far as set up goes, depending on your current set up (Eastern Arc, or Western Arc) you would need to have a DISH antenna (500+ or better) pointed toward 118.7. The technician would determine the best set up on site.

The broadcasts that we receive for these channels are in standard definition.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

#9 OFFLINE   mnassour

mnassour

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 839 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

That's what I need...one more question.

Where could I find a complete channel guide for Dish, everything (and I mean everything) all the way through the 9000s? I found James Long's page, but was hoping for something in numerical order.

thanks again!

Edited by mnassour, 02 August 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#10 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

The EKB has links to James' work as well as TheList.
http://www.dishuser.org/dishlist.php
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#11 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,098 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

That's what I need...one more question.

Where could I find a complete channel guide for Dish, everything (and I mean everything) all the way through the 9000s? I found James Long's page, but was hoping for something in numerical order.

It is in numerical order ... although there is duplication to show where the high numbered channels (and expandable subchannel EPG) map down.

Channels up through 999 are on one list and 1000 to 9999 are on a second list. The only thing intentionally omitted is the locals ... and they have their own page by market (since they are only sold within their local market).

Perhaps the 1000-9999 page of the list was missed?
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...