Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

LNB Drift Detected?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hello,
I don’t know if this is a problem or not. I had issues that just started and wanted to see if the LNB drift I am having is cause of this issue.

I have a VIP 722k with software L752. I am looking at Sat’s 77, 72, and 61.5

When I checked the system I am getting LNB Drift Detected and the information that is given: 0x1c, 0xa2, 77(0+14). Could this be the reason I am losing signal during rain on the HD channels?

#2 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

So I guess it's ok and the way it should be.

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,766 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

You know, +14 [MHz] is too much to use it - official threshold was +-5 MHz, while CSR will accept a request for replacement if it reach +- 8 MHz value.

Call CSR, insist you have dropouts before and during any rain, softly point to the number and get new LNBF.

#4 OFFLINE   EdJ

EdJ

Legend

• Registered
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

When I checked the system I am getting LNB Drift Detected and the information that is given: 0x1c, 0xa2, 77(0+14). Could this be the reason I am losing signal during rain on the HD channels?

What are you doing to get that information? Some kind of diagnostic?

#5 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

On the remote press menu and then 6..1..3

or main menu----> System setup--->Installation--->System info

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,766 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

Just use Search for dish forums with keywords: lnb drift.
We discussed the issue so many times ...

#7 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

Well I used the dish chat and it went nowhere! The guy on the other end could not understand what kind of problem I was having. He was reading off a cue card telling me to check for obstructions like braches or anything blocking the signal. He then asked if I had any snow or rain in the pass twenty-four hours, yes snow!
I told him of the problem that I was having and this is the kind of help you get from dish! I had to send an email to the CEO office. At less when I had another problem they seem to know what to do. It’s 92 degrees outside and dish chat person asked if I had snow! Where do these people get training and where are they located the North Pole! Unbelievable!

Edited by MadScientist, 04 August 2012 - 01:02 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

It happens. You could just ask for a manager, or call back and get another person.

"LNB drift" is the key phrase. It's a fairly common problem to have.

#9 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

OK, some more information. The technician came out the other day went to the 722K and changed the splitter in the back of the unit. He connected a devise to the one cable coming from the sat and said all is good up- top. I then showed him by pressing remote to get to the System info where it checked the system and came back saying LNB drift. He said that is ok and it’s all good. But the TV is breaking up or pixilating from time to time on clear days and nights. Should I have him return to replace the LNB’s? And which one’s or do all three need to be replaced. He acted like he never heard of LNB drift before? I was somewhat put off since it says and it still says LNB drift (0+14)?? And he saw it!

#10 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,766 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

See post#3.

Get new LNBF, doesn't matter what model you have. The tech must change it.

#11 OFFLINE   Mike109

Mike109

Legend

• Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

I told him of the problem that I was having and this is the kind of help you get from dish! I had to send an email to the CEO office.

Did you get a response from the CEO office?

I sent an email to the executive office over a week ago & have yet to get a response. So I emailed them again yesterday. We'll see.

#12 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

Yes I did send a email to the CEO office. This why the tech came out. Do they not know what LNB drift is? So I guess all three need to be replaced? It seemed to me when the tech was here he would only change just one? He did say call him and not dish.

#13 OFFLINE   Charise

Charise

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

Call the general Dish number and ask for (or go through the menu to get) tech support. They are much more knowledgeable and can set up a visit for you specifically to change out the LNB. They helped me with this some time ago.

Good luck!

spam firewall