Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Install Need help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   eastof111

eastof111

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

Had my Hopper installed in the bedroom and Joey in the living room late this afternoon. Not too pleased with the outcome. Installer had to replace the Hopper with another due to not loading programming. Then he had to replace the lnb head for same reason. Then he had to replace the node for same reason and it finally downloaded the programming.

Finally, had same problem with Joey. After replacing it loaded properly.

I can't believe so many items could be defective.

Now, I am in the living room using the Joey and I hit the DVR and watch a recording made earlier in the Hopper. Watch a few minutes and stop the dvr and hit View live TV and can't get a guide top pop up
or change channels with the up or down button.

Then I get a looking for Hopper R....... to link to Please wait error message. Had four green moca bars earlier had to reset and everything works again.

Tried exactly the same procedure again with the DVR button and had the same error message and had to reset. Very frustrating.

Is this normal?

Can a DIRT member contact me please to resolve this problem.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

This sounds like the incomplete install. The Hopper/Joey is the newest setup and the installer made some mistakes. DIRT members would be a good choice to help but they are not usually on till late in the day. If you want a faster response, call Dish or the retailer if you set up through them. Explain the problems and you need a Supervisor. He may be able to have someone back at your home today or tomorrow.

#3 OFFLINE   eastof111

eastof111

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

Thanks called the 800 number and they will be sending someone out Sunday.

#4 OFFLINE   jerry downing

jerry downing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 520 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

Do you have more than one ethernet connection? I have seen where having more than one device connected to the internet causes random network errors where nothing works properly.

spam firewall