Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Strange audio problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   xfoneguy

xfoneguy

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

Seems like I've had a multitude of probs with my new Hopper/Joey system. The latest - while no great loss - has to do with the commercials on recorded programs. Background music, sound effects, etc are all there - but the spoken dialog is silent. (maybe a blessing in disguise?).

Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   n-spring

n-spring

Legend

• Registered
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

My guess is your Hopper is hooked up to a 5.1 sound system. Check that the center channel speaker cable didn't come loose.
DISH subscriber since March 2012
1000.2 HD dish antenna with Solo Node
Living room: XiP813 Hopper (S238) to Visio XVT553SV via HDMI; connected to 100Base-TX LAN
Home theatre: XiP110 Joey (S286) to Anthem Statement D2 via HDMI, then to Panasonic TC-P65VT50 via HDMI
Bedroom: XiP110 Joey (S286) to Sony KDL-26M3000 via HDMI
Internet access: Comcast 10Mb/s; Dynamic IP; NAT on Linksys E3200 router

#3 OFFLINE   xfoneguy

xfoneguy

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

My guess is your Hopper is hooked up to a 5.1 sound system. Check that the center channel speaker cable didn't come loose.

If only it were that simple :(

While I do have a sound system, it isn't currently connected - this is going straight to my LG tv.

#4 OFFLINE   bigdog9586

bigdog9586

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

Check the sound in the menu on the TV. Also how is the hopper hooked to the TV. could be a bad cable.

#5 OFFLINE   xfoneguy

xfoneguy

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

Check the sound in the menu on the TV. Also how is the hopper hooked to the TV. could be a bad cable.

Just realized - this is not a direct connection - the HDMI goes thru a Logitech Google TV box. I will check the sound menu and if nothing works there I will try eliminating GTV.

thanks again!

#6 OFFLINE   xfoneguy

xfoneguy

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

Just realized - this is not a direct connection - the HDMI goes thru a Logitech Google TV box. I will check the sound menu and if nothing works there I will try eliminating GTV.

thanks again!

Without the Google TV box, I'm not experiencing the unusual audio probs.......... So far at least.

Thanks for your help.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...