Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New install ip address, local link?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

IM fairly certain and i could be wrong but i dont think the hr34 presently sup[ports the ipad app...ive seen some work arounds but not sure if its fully operational

Edited by wahooq, 07 August 2012 - 09:13 PM.

My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

Remote scheduling and live TV requires DIRECTV PLUS DVR (models R15, R16, R22), DIRECTV PLUS HD DVR (models HR20, HR21, HR22, HR23, HR24) or TiVo® Series 2 receivers with 6.4a software. Receivers do not require phone or broadband connection to schedule a recording. Remote control and live TV require a Wi-Fi connection to your home network. Remote control and live TV require DIRECTV PLUS HD DVR (models HR20, HR21, HR22, HR23, HR24), DIRECTV PLUS DVR model R22, or DIRECTV HD Receiver (models H21, H23, H24, H25) connected to your home broadband Internet Network.

http://www.directv.c...obile_apps/ipad

#23 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

http://www.directv.c...obile_apps/ipad

Correct page but wrong requirements and restrictions:

Requirements & restrictions: Browsing, watching live TV, recording and remote control functionality are available to DIRECTV customers only. DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on directv.com to access application. Recording requires at a minimum a Wi-Fi, Edge or 3G network connection to run. In rare instances, scheduled recording(s) may not be recognized. Remote scheduling and live TV requires DIRECTV PLUS DVR (models R15, R16, R22), DIRECTV PLUS HD DVR (models HR20, HR21, HR22, HR23, HR24) or TiVo® Series 2 receivers with 6.4a software. Receivers do not require phone or broadband connection to schedule a recording. Remote control and live TV require a Wi-Fi connection to your home network. Remote control and live TV require DIRECTV PLUS HD DVR (models HR20, HR21, HR22, HR23, HR24), DIRECTV PLUS DVR model R22, or DIRECTV HD Receiver (models H21, H23, H24, H25) connected to your home broadband Internet Network. Available for customers in the USA only.

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#24 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

nah i snipped it.......

#25 OFFLINE   TedBarrett

TedBarrett

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

Emailed DirecTv tech support a direct question: Does the HR34 support the iPad app?

Found this thread interesting
http://forums.direct...mentID=11020412

Some proclaim the PI must be on its own line from the 8 way
Others say that's not the issue.

From the pics I learned I have an SWS8, not a SWiM.

#26 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,920 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:23 PM

Emailed DirecTv tech support a direct question: Does the HR34 support the iPad app?

Found this thread interesting
http://forums.direct...mentID=11020412

Some proclaim the PI must be on its own line from the 8 way
Others say that's not the issue.

From the pics I learned I have an SWS8, not a SWiM.

Mine has always been in some configuration like this:

http://www.dbstalk.c...=1&d=1319570397

One had a 2-way between the PI and the dish, and currently I've added a SWiM-16 between the PI & the dish.
Haven't had a problem in almost 5 years.

Those that have had problems, boil down to the PI being too close to the SWiM [15' min] or too close to a receiver with a DECA, which adding more coax or a splitter resolves.
None of this seem to be your problem though.
Your H25 sees & plays recordings, right?

I don't know why some think the PI is some mystery causing part.
In the RF path it merely has a coil to block RF from passing to the power supply, and a cap to block the DC power from the receiver.

http://www.dbstalk.c...=1&d=1344404039

The combination of a coil & cap can cause the RF to see a strange impedance, but this can be stabilized with a bit of loss/resistance on both sides.

Attached Thumbnails

• PI.PNG

Edited by veryoldschool, 07 August 2012 - 11:36 PM.

A.K.A VOS

#27 OFFLINE   TedBarrett

TedBarrett

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

The H25 works like a champ. It plays back from and schedules recordings on the HR34. Shows up on the iPad - can't do much though because it's not a DVR.

Thanks for the circuit lesson. Hope the installer re-wire works but I have less and less confidence.

The H25 loads and runs the DTV Internet apps but the '34 never does.

#28 OFFLINE   mjwagner

mjwagner

Icon

• Registered
  • 521 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

IM fairly certain and i could be wrong but i dont think the hr34 presently sup[ports the ipad app...ive seen some work arounds but not sure if its fully operational

My HR34 works just fine with the iPad app....
Mark

HR34-700, Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 UB Projector
HR21-200, Samsung UN-60ES8000
C31, Samsung PN-42A450
H25-700, Samsung LN-S3296D

#29 OFFLINE   TedBarrett

TedBarrett

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

Email back from DirecTv:

DIRECT iPad App does not support HR34 receivers yet. Any proposed new equipment or enhancements to current equipment are subject to change until a formal announcement is made.

DIRECTV iPad App is a new, FREE app that turns your iPad into a remote control, giving you more control of your TV experience. Get instant access to your favorite channels, shows and sports scores. We know that this is important to you, and your thoughts about the improvement of our service do count. So, I have forwarded your request to DIRECTV Management for review. We will continue to evaluate ways to enhance the services we offer.

Well well.
Installer should be here soon. He asked his boss if the iPad should work. He said it works on his HR34 and iPad.

Let y'all know.

#30 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,920 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

Email back from DirecTv:

Well well.
Installer should be here soon. He asked his boss if the iPad should work. He said it works on his HR34 and iPad.

Let y'all know.

I wouldn't get too worried if nothing changes today.
I've checked with "some people", and you can expect the iPad to work with the HR34 "soon". There are a couple of changes in the works that will be forth coming.
A.K.A VOS

#31 OFFLINE   mjwagner

mjwagner

Icon

• Registered
  • 521 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

I wouldn't get too worried if nothing changes today.
I've checked with "some people", and you can expect the iPad to work with the HR34 "soon". There are a couple of changes in the works that will be forth coming.

Interesting. I suppose it depends on how they define "work with". I have been using my HR34 with the iPad app for a couple of weeks now (ever since I had my HR34 installed) and the only anomaly that I have discovered is that the "Currently Watching" pane does not always sync up with the HR34. Other than that I have not run into any problems.
Mark

HR34-700, Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 UB Projector
HR21-200, Samsung UN-60ES8000
C31, Samsung PN-42A450
H25-700, Samsung LN-S3296D

#32 OFFLINE   TedBarrett

TedBarrett

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Installer came and went. Moved the power injector to its own coax off the 8-way (green band, extra ports all capped). There was already a second coax run through the attic from the old pre SWM HDDVR satellite setup a couple of years back. No luck. Guess I'm waiting on a software release from the mother ship.

Thanks for all the insight and education.

Ted

#33 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,928 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

What might be useful is Waltz49's browser based app. Search for that name in bold if interested. Works on most browsers and platforms for many functions on most receivers... (note qualifiers; I don't have a '34 nor have I used his app for a while as I have an iPad3.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#34 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

Email back from DirecTv:

Well well.

Let y'all know.

With my HR34, sometimes the HR34 shows up without issue and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes my whole PlayList is there and sometimes it is missing items. It's definitely not perfect, but I don't mind muddling through with it.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#35 OFFLINE   TedBarrett

TedBarrett

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

SOLVED!!!
Someone on the Directv tech forums figured it out. Just call and have D* deactivate and reactivate the HR34. Apparently when it was first setup something went wrong with the database entry on the directv.com end. De and Re activating erases and re-enters those identifiers.
Woo Hoo!

#36 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,928 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

Good news!

And thanks for posting the solution.

#37 OFFLINE   BengalMan

BengalMan

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

This thread has been very beninficial, but very frustrating at the same time. I had my service hooked up a week ago. My HR34 is connected to the internet. I can get VOD, it sync's with all my client boxes on 3 other tv's.

Problem is that despite being connected to the internet, VOD working, and whole home DVR working, my iPad and iPhone and laptop don't find the HR34 on the network, rending the DTV Everywhere functions useless. My apps on my HR34 also don't load.

Now, the way to fix this is deactivating the receiver, then bringing it back online. The issues I've fought with tech support reps over and over on in the past few days is this:

1: Since I don't have any other tuner boxes besides the HR34, deactivating it will effectively wipe out my account. After that, they tell me...
2: Since I'm a new customer and have all sorts of discounts, by deactivating my receiver, and re-adding it, it will boot all of my discounts.

So how do I get this done? I've gotten to the point that today I threatened to cancel my service all together after just a week because I've spent nearly 15 hours with CSR, Tech Support, installer's coming back and checking things out, etc. Funny thing is this whole time I've referenced DirecTV's OWN forum's with 4+ pages of people having this exact issue, and the two simple fixes, deauthorize, then re-activate, or a replacement box. Well the retention guy had a replacement box out to me within a few minutes. Something every other person absolutely REFUSED to do.

What sucks is all this could been avoided if someone just deactivated my box and reauthorized it. My question is, given the above circumstances, how on earth can I convince someone to do what seems to me as something so simple?

#38 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,928 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Welcome to DBSTalk! Sorry for your problem. What IP is showing on your '34 (aka "Genie"). What is your DNS server? I put all my boxes on 8 8 8 8, which is a Google server. That might help.

Can you access and use the iPad app on the other receivers?

Keep us posted!

#39 OFFLINE   TedBarrett

TedBarrett

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

Is the mobile app working with the replacement HR34?

#40 OFFLINE   BengalMan

BengalMan

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

Welcome to DBSTalk! Sorry for your problem. What IP is showing on your '34 (aka "Genie"). What is your DNS server? I put all my boxes on 8 8 8 8, which is a Google server. That might help.

Can you access and use the iPad app on the other receivers?

Keep us posted!

I don't have any other receivers, the others are just the little Genie clients, not tuners, which is the issue in deactivating the Genie that I was speaking of.

My internet is roadrunner through Time Warner Cable, using a Apple Airport Extreme as my wireless router. Here is the data from the System Info on the Genie:

IP: 10.0.1.6
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 10.0.1.1
DNS: 10.0.1.1

10.0.1 lines up with all my other devices that I can see. I don't know much about in-depth networking, port forwarding, etc. Don't know if any of that applies here. They did say that 1701 and LT2P need to be open, but from what I've read, the Airport Extreme handles, forwards, and opens all ports on it's on without having to do anything.

Is the mobile app working with the replacement HR34?

It was just sent out today, don't know for a few days.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...