Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New install ip address, local link?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   TedBarrett

TedBarrett

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Or, if possible, just de-activate and re-activate the HR34. That worked for me but I have a H25 and not the C31.

If I remember correctly when the installer hooked up the new dish, HR34, H25 and the CCK he activated the HR34 before the H25. I think he also used a phone app to do the activation. Perhaps the installer's app isn't making all the entries in all the databases that the CSRs' software does. Or perhaps the HR34 can't be the first box activated.

Used to write software for a living so this is a somewhat educated but probably wildly wrong guess.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   BengalMan

BengalMan

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Or, if possible, just de-activate and re-activate the HR34. That worked for me but I have a H25 and not the C31.

If I remember correctly when the installer hooked up the new dish, HR34, H25 and the CCK he activated the HR34 before the H25. I think he also used a phone app to do the activation. Perhaps the installer's app isn't making all the entries in all the databases that the CSRs' software does. Or perhaps the HR34 can't be the first box activated.

Used to write software for a living so this is a somewhat educated but probably wildly wrong guess.

Unfortunately in my situation, along with others with similar set ups, CSR won't and can't deactivate the HR34 if it's the only box on the account. You are correct though, if you have another box on your account, deactivating the HR34 and re-activating it will indeed fix the issues. I spent hours trying to get a CSR to just do this, but couldn't get it done. The new box ultimately fixed it because it re-upped all the data into DirecTV's servers.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...