Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Whole Home Deals

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DolphinGirl

DolphinGirl

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

What's the current best deals people are getting to add Whole Home set-up for a long time customer?

I called and they started out at $248. Went to $148. And finally $49 with another year added.

Anyone done better and can I get the $3/mo. fee waived or credited?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,779 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

$49 sounds like the best deal, and no that $3/month is fixed.
They might throw some other credit/deals for movie channels, etc.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   miesque1127

miesque1127

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

I called about reducing my monthly bill, and about ST discounts. 10+ year customer with no contract.

In addition to discounted ST and some monthly credits, they mentioned WHS to me. I didn't ask about it.

I got a complete install and all parts comped. free of charge. They gave me a new HD DVR to replace the SD one I had in the spare room. I did have to commit to a 2 yr contract, as I had no previous contract.

If you are without a contract, I'm guessing they can do a bit more for a customer, as long as you commit to a year or 2 contract.

I'm not going anywhere, so no big deal. Very happy with my deal. Awesome CSR offered me the deal. Good luck.

#4 OFFLINE   vinhmen

vinhmen

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

I called about reducing my monthly bill, and about ST discounts. 10+ year customer with no contract.

In addition to discounted ST and some monthly credits, they mentioned WHS to me. I didn't ask about it.

I got a complete install and all parts comped. free of charge. They gave me a new HD DVR to replace the SD one I had in the spare room. I did have to commit to a 2 yr contract, as I had no previous contract.

I got the same deal when I called about Sunday Ticket. 8 yr customer out of contract (although I officially had just re-upped for a year to get ST free). I'd keep calling back until you get it all free, they have an incentive to upgrade you.

#5 OFFLINE   HD Man

HD Man

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

My contract had expired and I called and received the whole-home installation for no charge, along with a new HD DVR for one set and a HD receiver for another set.

The only charge was the monthly $3 fee. Had to re-up for another 2yrs, but have been D* subscribers for 12+ years and have no intention of switching. Plus, the entire family really enjoys the whole-home service. With 3 HD DVR's, the ability to record 6 different shows at a time, and a total capacity of 300 hrs, no more worries about wife and daughter's DWTS, Idol, Voice,Dance Moms shows interferring with my recordings. :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...