Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

St. Louis Local Reception Issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger

Icon

• Registered
  • 598 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

Just checking to see if anyone else in the St. Louis DMA is having issues today. Everything was coming in fine for most of the day until about 30 minutes ago. Local channels 2 (Fox), 4 (CBS), 5 (NBC), and 30 (ABC) are having a lot of video break up and no or very spotty audio. I switch over to my antenna feed and all of those channels are coming in fine via OTA. Just wanting to check and see if this is a DirecTv issue or possible an issue with my LNB??

HR24-100 Toshiba 55SV670U | HDMI to Denon AVR-1909| Native On | All Resolutions Selected | DD On | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| OTA setup | Harmony One
HR24-100 Philips 37PFL5322D/37 | HDMI to TV | Native on | All resolutions Selected | DD Off | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| OTA setup | Harmony 880
HR21-700 Sony KDL40V2500| HDMI to TV | Digital Optical Audio out to Yamaha HTR-5490| Native On | All Resolutions selected | DD On | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| Harmony 880

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

Saw it here too right before I ran out to pickup dinner. It was working properly by the time I got back. Not sure what the problem was, but it affected all the locals.

#3 OFFLINE   MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 598 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

Same here. I didn't get a chance to get back on line and post last night. I tried tuning back to Channel 5 30-45 minutes later and all was good. Checked the other channels (2,4 & 30) and they were back to normal as well. I was just glad it got remedied.:)

HR24-100 Toshiba 55SV670U | HDMI to Denon AVR-1909| Native On | All Resolutions Selected | DD On | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| OTA setup | Harmony One
HR24-100 Philips 37PFL5322D/37 | HDMI to TV | Native on | All resolutions Selected | DD Off | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| OTA setup | Harmony 880
HR21-700 Sony KDL40V2500| HDMI to TV | Digital Optical Audio out to Yamaha HTR-5490| Native On | All Resolutions selected | DD On | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| Harmony 880

#4 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

Me too. I don't mind a glitch now and then because that is inevitable. Prolonged issues are another thing.

#5 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

Should probably be posting in here:
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=137765
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

spam firewall