Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Does D* know I am moving???

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Registered
  • 809 posts
  • LocationTobacco Road, NC

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:59 AM

Just listed my home for sale a couple weeks ago and just got an email from D* saying to "Make my move with Directv" and save. Never have I received an email like this and find it odd they sent it just as we list the house for sale

Coincidence? Or do they actually have staff checking records of home listings, etc?
Cheers,
Ray Johnson

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,814 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

Coincidence. I get the mailings and haven't moved in over 25 years (and don't plan to anytime soon).

#3 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

Yep, I get the mailers too. It's just a coincidence, they don't know whether you are moving or not. They will only know when you call them with a change of address. You don't have to take on the moving deal either, and you can do it yourself.... but it is just easier that way.
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#4 OFFLINE   niner1488

niner1488

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

Many marketing firms monitor the multiple listing services and send solicitations for mortgages, banking and homem moving services.

#5 OFFLINE   iceman2a

iceman2a

Icon

• Registered
  • 540 posts
  • LocationBOSTON, MA.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

Just listed my home for sale a couple weeks ago and just got an email from D* saying to "Make my move with Directv" and save. Never have I received an email like this and find it odd they sent it just as we list the house for sale

Coincidence? Or do they actually have staff checking records of home listings, etc?

Of coarse they know! They know everything you do! The "Evil blue eye is watching, always watching" :D
HR21-200
HR20/700
2 H21-200

#6 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,634 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

Of coarse they know! They know everything you do! The "Evil blue eye is watching, always watching" :D

I prefer the more eponymous "Big Brother"....;) .... but all in due course.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#7 OFFLINE   Old_School

Old_School

Legend

• Registered
  • 370 posts
  • LocationDover, PA

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

So that's the purpose of the lighted blue D icon....... :lol:

DirecTV Subscriber Since 1998
Xtra ~ NFLST

(1) HR44  

(1) C41W

SL3 LNB ~ Whole Home DVR

#8 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts
  • LocationTobacco Road, NC

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

HAHA!!! :lol:

Many marketing firms monitor the multiple listing services and send solicitations for mortgages, banking and homem moving services.

Tell me about it! The second my house went on the market I started getting inundated with moving service solicitations.
Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#9 OFFLINE   wegotdatwood

wegotdatwood

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

I got a call from DTV tonight. They said I inquired about moving. I'm not and haven't contacted them about moving. I said I've just called about pricing issues. They gave me $5 off for 3 months.

#10 OFFLINE   sonofcool

sonofcool

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

So that's the purpose of the lighted blue D icon....... :lol:

Glad I covered mine up with some gaffer's tape. Or does it see through that as well? :lol:

#11 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

Satellites .....DTV can tell you if you need to water your backyard!
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#12 OFFLINE   MrShowtime

MrShowtime

Legend

• Registered
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

Come on, you guys really don't think the Wireless CCK has to be as big as it is, do you? It sends out sonar and has a built in mic and reports back to headquarters via your internet connection..... I've already said too much...
My posts represent my opinions and do not represent the opinions of directv, any hsp, or anyone else (including the cookie monster)

#13 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

Prepare for a punishment jolt!
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

spam firewall