Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish 500+ angles with Superdish reflector

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ziaka

Ziaka

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

A while back Dish converted my Superdish installation into Dish 500+ in order to receive the 118.7 satellite. They replaced the LNBs, but kept the Superdish reflector.

My question is if the pointing angles in the DISH 500+ Installation Manual for the Dish 500+ are the same if a Superdish reflector is used?

The angles in the manual for zip code 601XX are AZ: 222, EL: 33, SK: 116

The reason I am asking is because due to work on my house the dish installation was misaligned and I completely lost all my signals, and I am thinking of realigning the dish myself.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

It's been so long since I've worked on a SuperDish I can't remember if the markings are different on it or not - I don't think they are though, so the 500+ settings should work.

What kind of work was done, roof? If so chances are that they didn't mess with the elevation and skew settings when they took it down. Just make sure the mast is plumb (level 2 ways 90* apart) and reaim your azimuth. This should at least get you close enough to start picking up something that you can then peak in.

If the mast hasn't even been reinstalled yet, then I would call Dish and tell them you had a new roof put on and need the Dish reinstalled. This way the installer should put up a new 500+ setup, because it's hard to find parts for a SuperDish anymore.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...