Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cardinals-Giants BB now

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,908 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

If anyone watching, or could take a peek at the SF-St.Louis BB game, on right now, and give an opinion on the PQ, I'd appreciate it. It's channel 696 in N. California, Comcast Sports Network. My take is that last night and tonight's broadcasts are very low quality, though technically HD. Really soft pictures.

Ugh! Why so soft? Where's the bind on the bit rate? Or is it lousy cameras at Busch Stadium for this series?

If there are some Cards fan watching on your local sports channels, can you also see 696? Are the two feeds similar? Is your local feed also Comcast? [Or can you see a huge difference between OTA and DIRECTV® broadcast?]
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,900 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

The Cards feed looks fine. The CSN feed looks soft again tonight. It's probably just equipment reasons.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

The Cards feed looks fine. The CSN feed looks soft again tonight. It's probably just equipment reasons.

The Cards feed on a non-CSN network? Do the Cards have their own, or is St. Louis BB carried on another network entirely?

Can you speculate on equipment reasons? Or are there two sets of cameras, etc. in the stadium, so it could be, in fact, the cameras or the truck there?

#4 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,900 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

The Cards feed on a non-CSN network? Do the Cards have their own, or is St. Louis BB carried on another network entirely?

Can you speculate on equipment reasons? Or are there two sets of cameras, etc. in the stadium, so it could be, in fact, the cameras or the truck there?

The Cards feed is Fox Sports Midwest.

I'm nowhere near an expert on this, but I've read the teams may have crappier uplink equipment when traveling.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#5 OFFLINE   TomK

TomK

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

I have the MLB EI package and I think I can see a difference in lower quality difference on the Giants' feed. It's definitely not as sharp as Fox Sports Midwest.

#6 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

Thanks, gents. I hope to high heaven the Fox 'cast is better than Comcast with the Giants in St. Louis. What they show from ATT Park is far far better, though not sterling.

It makes sense to me that an uplink that can't throw out the proper bit rate would create the crap picture I am seeing tonight.

spam firewall