Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV App for iPad 1.6.x: Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

Not officially, but there is a jailbreak tweak called xCon that blocks the detection of the jailbreak. The iPad app was working fine on my jailbroken iPad until today.

One can always find a workaround...just dont complain when it doesnt work
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

One can always find a workaround...just dont complain when it doesnt work

The problem is that it did work. Now it stopped working for no reason. Others were having issues with the new version 1.6.6 yesterday so I really don't think it's a jailbreak issue.

#23 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Yes it is if you choose to jailbreak a product then you cant expect it to work like supported ones...seriously? If it was supposed to work a certain way then you wouldnt have to jailbreak it....cmon!

#24 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

Yes it is if you choose to jailbreak a product then you cant expect it to work like supported ones...seriously? If it was supposed to work a certain way then you wouldnt have to jailbreak it....cmon!

I don't...it actually works better than a "supported" one. I would never use an iPad that is not jailbroken again. Those that were having issues yesterday were not jailbroken so I'm sure it's something on DirecTV's end.

#25 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

The reason why I brought it up is because I did not think the issue was related to JBing since the APP did not even attempt to log in nor stated the message about not supporting JB devices (like it always did in the past.)

Not complaining, just curious if others whom are not JB were having the same issue.

#26 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

DTV does not support Jailbroken devices so your not really asking in the right place

#27 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

DTV does not support Jailbroken devices so your not really asking in the right place

Yeah cause nobody here has a jailbroken iPad here. You are being no help, you have no clue what you're talking about.

#28 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

Let me clarify

I was trouble shooting to see if others were having the stuck at the logo issue when launching the APP. If they were and they are not JB, then I know it may have nothing to do with whether or not my device is JB. If everyone whom is JB is having the same issue, then I know it is simply because it is JB.

I did ask the same questions on other JB forums and only a few are having this issue, which told me it may or may not be due to JB. Now I am doing further investigating to see if those that do not have a JB device may also be having the same issue.

IOW, forget the fact that I am JB. Is anyone who is not JB having their APP remain stuck at the DirecTV logo?

#29 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,650 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

No need for rudeness. JB phones are not supported by DIRECTV®.
If an update to the app—any app— breaks the break, so to speak, it's not "at fault".
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#30 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

If an update to the app—any app— breaks the break, so to speak, it's not "at fault".

Nobody was being rude...and we are talking about the iPad, not a phone, not that it really matters. The iPad was working fine on my JB iPad until today. Unless DirecTV made the old version not work anymore there is no reason it should not be working still.

#31 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

If this was directed at me, let me apologize. I did not mean to come off as crass at all. I was just trying to be extremely clear.

#32 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,650 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

If this was directed at me, let me apologize. I did not mean to come off as crass at all. I was just trying to be extremely clear.

My bad; it wasn't directed at you at all. I took too long to reply, so it didn't appear right after banditt's post.

Banditt: Assuredly you were rude to wahooq. Please knock it off.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#33 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

My bad; it wasn't directed at you at all. I took too long to reply, so it didn't appear right after banditt's post.

Banditt: Assuredly you were rude to wahooq. Please knock it off.

I was not rude. He was being no help and I told him so. You don't like it...too bad.

#34 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,116 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

DirecTV certainly doesn't have to support it. They have valid reasons and requirements of their own. Plus, Jailbreaking an iPad is technically a violation of the DMCA.

Edited by dpeters11, 10 August 2012 - 07:51 PM.

#35 OFFLINE   sirlasc

sirlasc

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Got it working now. ;)

How did you make it work?.

#36 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

DirecTV certainly doesn't have to support it. They have valid reasons and requirements of their own. Plus, Jailbreaking an iPad is technically a violation of the DMCA.

It's not a violation of the DMCA, get your facts straight. Jailbreaking was ruled legal last year. There is nothing for DirecTV to support. With the xCon tweak it runs exactly as if the iPad was not jailbroken. It is an ongoing issue for all iPads, so I know it's not a jailbreak issue.

#37 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

How did you make it work?.

I reinstalled the older version of the APP, but it no longer works.

#38 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

No it is not.

#39 OFFLINE   sirlasc

sirlasc

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

My old version of the app is not working either, it get stucked at login. I try to download the latest release of xcon ver 37beta and now when open directtv a msg popup " xcon currently dont support this versin of directv..."

We will have to wait for a new xcon release.

#40 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

I tried that too, it just hangs at the authentication stage.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...