Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV App for iPad 1.6.x: Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   sirlasc

sirlasc

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

FYI:

https://github.com/n...ssues/issues/74

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

FYI:

https://github.com/n...ssues/issues/74

Awesome. Thanks for the link.

#43 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,892 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

The exemption does not apply to iPads.

From http://www.loc.gov/t...010/10-169.html

(2) Computer programs that enable wireless telephone handsets to execute software applications, where circumvention is accomplished for the sole purpose of enabling interoperability of such applications, when they have been lawfully obtained, with computer programs on the telephone handset.

An iPad is not a wireless telephone handset. Of course things could change in the next ruling, but it could either expire altogether, or be expanded.

#44 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

The exemption does not apply to iPads.

From http://www.loc.gov/t...010/10-169.html

(2) Computer programs that enable wireless telephone handsets to execute software applications, where circumvention is accomplished for the sole purpose of enabling interoperability of such applications, when they have been lawfully obtained, with computer programs on the telephone handset.

An iPad is not a wireless telephone handset. Of course things could change in the next ruling, but it could either expire altogether, or be expanded.

It's a grey area right now, but been assumed to include iPads until an official ruling is made.

#45 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,892 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

It's a grey area right now, but been assumed to include iPads until an official ruling is made.

Well, we'll see in October.

#46 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

Doesn't really matter if it's legal or not. It's not going to change anything.

#47 OFFLINE   sirlasc

sirlasc

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

Relax... You dont have to be an Apple "Groupie" all the time... they can manage their own fights! we have the freedom to jailbreak our devices, and apple have the freedom to deny support for jb devices!

BTW for me that is awesome! apple "geniuses" dont know a thing...thay are... guess what... Apple Groupies!

#48 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,494 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:59 AM

An iPad is not a wireless telephone handset.

Technically a 3G/4G equipped one is...

Now... :backtotop
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#49 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,892 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

Relax... You dont have to be an Apple "Groupie" all the time... they can manage their own fights! we have the freedom to jailbreak our devices, and apple have the freedom to deny support for jb devices!

BTW for me that is awesome! apple "geniuses" dont know a thing...thay are... guess what... Apple Groupies!

I'm not an Apple Groupie, I have a Blackberry. But rooted phones have caused me issues at work so if the exemption expires, I might be able to get them to agree that we don't allow them to connect to company resources and I don't have to support them.

#50 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,775 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:47 AM

I reinstalled the older version of the APP, but it no longer works.

My old version of the app is not working either, it get stucked at login. I try to download the latest release of xcon ver 37beta and now when open directtv a msg popup " xcon currently dont support this versin of directv..."

We will have to wait for a new xcon release.

I tried that too, it just hangs at the authentication stage.

I haven't upgraded to the new version yet and when I try to use the prev version of the app which worked a few days ago I enter my password and it just sits there with no message of any kind. Yes I am JB but I am referring to the LAST version which has not changed and has always worked not the new version.

What I think is happening is on previous releases a message would pop up saying "YOU MUST UPDATE." I think that is where it is hanging up.

BTW, the IPHONE version always works fine on the IPAD whether JB or not which is all I really need to schedule recordings. I have no use for "DirecTV Everywhere" (or hardly anywhere as the case may be :)).

#51 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

I haven't upgraded to the new version yet and when I try to use the prev version of the app which worked a few days ago I enter my password and it just sits there with no message of any kind. Yes I am JB but I am referring to the LAST version which has not changed and has always worked not the new version.

What I think is happening is on previous releases a message would pop up saying "YOU MUST UPDATE." I think that is where it is hanging up.

BTW, the IPHONE version always works fine on the IPAD whether JB or not which is all I really need to schedule recordings. I have no use for "DirecTV Everywhere" (or hardly anywhere as the case may be :)).

Neither do I. I have a Slingbox.

#52 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

I've tried both the old and new versions, nothing works, just hangs. There is an xCon update waiting to be released as soon as DirecTV fixes their app.

#53 OFFLINE   3782steveo

3782steveo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

Is anybody having issues with the new app hanging loading the playlist?

#54 ONLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,770 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

Yep, very slow to load it, when it does. I have better luck if I start the app (using iPad new) and letting it sit for awhile before trying to get to the playlist. I have 6 HD DVR's with a bunch of content so maybe just too much to handle at startup time?

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#55 OFFLINE   zmancartfan

zmancartfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

Yes. I've noticed that overall the entire app is much slower to load everything than the previous one did.

I thought one of the release notes said that the app now supports multi-tasking? When I switch out of the app and then back in, it still has to reauthenticate every time. I've noticed no difference at all in anything other than it being slower.

#56 OFFLINE   3782steveo

3782steveo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

I've only got two DVR's, although they both have a lot of recordings, but it's been sitting on "Loading Playlist" for over an hour.

#57 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,979 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

I've tried both the old and new versions, nothing works, just hangs. There is an xCon update waiting to be released as soon as DirecTV fixes their app.

Ha. Your assuming that DIRECTV app is broken based on it not working with a jb device? DIRECTV has always said they will work hard to make their app not work with jb devices because of copyright issues. And they are smart, so I have to wonder if one day they won't figure out how to make their app never work again on a jb device.

#58 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,979 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Yes. I've noticed that overall the entire app is much slower to load everything than the previous one did.

I thought one of the release notes said that the app now supports multi-tasking? When I switch out of the app and then back in, it still has to reauthenticate every time. I've noticed no difference at all in anything other than it being slower.

That's not right. Something is wrong, have you checked the version of yours? Maybe it didn't update right. That should not happen, unless you have it set to log out somehow.

#59 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,979 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Yep, very slow to load it, when it does. I have better luck if I start the app (using iPad new) and letting it sit for awhile before trying to get to the playlist. I have 6 HD DVR's with a bunch of content so maybe just too much to handle at startup time?

I think that it's a little slower upfront because it's trying to cache everything, including all guide data. But not positive yet. If so, that means after it finally does load it should be faster... I hope...

#60 OFFLINE   zmancartfan

zmancartfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

That's not right. Something is wrong, have you checked the version of yours? Maybe it didn't update right. That should not happen, unless you have it set to log out somehow.

Thanks for the confirmation. I just did a hard reset of my iPad, and the app is now multitasking without having to reauthenticate every time.

Much better!!

Thanks again.

spam firewall