Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV App for iPad 1.6.x: Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

Ha. Your assuming that DIRECTV app is broken based on it not working with a jb device? DIRECTV has always said they will work hard to make their app not work with jb devices because of copyright issues. And they are smart, so I have to wonder if one day they won't figure out how to make their app never work again on a jb device.

As far as JB devices using this APP, It is a losing battle. There will always be a workaround.

For the APP itself, The APP does have issues they need to address. xCon developers discovered the glitch already. Direct does need to fix it. It has nothing to do with JB devices. There is an error in the programming.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,970 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

As far as JB devices using this APP, It is a losing battle. There will always be a workaround.

For the APP itself, The APP does have issues they need to address. xCon developers discovered the glitch already. Direct does need to fix it. It has nothing to do with JB devices. There is an error in the programming.

There probably will be a way around all the time, but that won't keep them from continuing to try and keep it away forever. Of course, you never know. I never thought they'd kill all the black cards out there, but we know what happened there too...

:lol: wait, they discovered the glitch but apple and DIRECTV missed it? That's hilarious. If that's the case then hopefully it won't take long to get the fix out for people who are having issues on non jb devices.

#63 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

There probably will be a way around all the time, but that won't keep them from continuing to try and keep it away forever. Of course, you never know. I never thought they'd kill all the black cards out there, but we know what happened there too...

It will be a back and forth. Before this latest update though, DirecTV pretty much ignored it for a long time.

:lol: wait, they discovered the glitch but apple and DIRECTV missed it? That's hilarious. If that's the case then hopefully it won't take long to get the fix out for people who are having issues on non jb devices.

That shouldn't surprise anyone.

Let me take you back to this post. Click the link in the post and read the posts in that forum linked.

http://www.dbstalk.c...458#post3074458

Edited by DodgerKing, 12 August 2012 - 02:08 PM.

#64 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

I was referring to the people complaining that are having issues on jb devices. I haven't checked the app store ratings, much less how does anyone know if those arent all people that are using jb devices?

My point, if you have a jb device, you have no right to complain about issues IMO. It's not supported, and you should leave the complaining and asking for help to people who aren't doing something that isn't supported, even if it is the same issue.

I don't seem to be having an issue right now, but if some are that are on non jb devices, I am sure it will get fixed.

And I have seen people talking about different issues. So how can you say all the issues are related to one issue that affects all users, and not just jb devices? Or that the same issue has only one cause on all units jb or not?

Even though my device is JB and I am waiting for a fix, I actually agree with you. I know that by JB my device I will have some restrictions and the developers do have the right to restrict their APPs.

But I do not think too many were complaining. Most of us were just trying to figure out if our issues were JB related or APP related.

#65 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

It will probably be all resolved in the next week either by DirecTV or by the xCon author. It was working fine until the new version came out so maybe the old version has been disabled or something. I don't really care if DirecTV supports jailbroken devices or not, it's not their issue to deal with. I just want their app to load properly like it did before another infamous "upgrade".

#66 OFFLINE   BBM3

BBM3

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

Is anybody having issues with the new app hanging loading the playlist?

Yep same here on my non JB new iPad.
Never had the problem with the previous release.

#67 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

xCon has been updated in Cydia now and it makes the new version 1.6.6 work on JB iPads. I knew the hack community would figure it out before DirecTV would. Enjoy!

#68 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,860 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

New Streaming Channels:

E!
truTV
Hallmark Movies
Shorts
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#69 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

xCon has been updated in Cydia now and it makes the new version 1.6.6 work on JB iPads. I knew the hack community would figure it out before DirecTV would. Enjoy!

Cool. Got her working now.

#70 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

Those of us with the Cydia tweak APP have a cleaner, smoother, and more error free version.

#71 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

Those of us with the Cydia tweak APP have a cleaner, smoother, and more error free version.

That we do. People want to bash jailbreaking but most of us have more secure and efficient devices than vanilla users. :D

#72 OFFLINE   vitaminn

vitaminn

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

there is a temp fix out there but because I haven't had five posts, I can't post a link.

you must go into Cydia and add n00neimp0rtant's repository.

PM me if you want and I'll give u the link there.

Edited by vitaminn, 15 August 2012 - 08:51 AM.

#73 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

there is a temp fix out there but because I haven't had five posts, I can't post a link.

you must go into Cydia and add n00neimp0rtant's repository.

PM me if you want and I'll give u the link there.

Add the n00neimp0rtant.dyndns.org/repo to your sources and search for xCon to make the new DirecTV iPad app work on your JB iPad.

#74 OFFLINE   vitaminn

vitaminn

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

Add the n00neimp0rtant.dyndns.org/repo to your sources and search for xCon to make the new DirecTV iPad app work on your JB iPad.

you the man...thank you banditt76

#75 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

you the man...thank you banditt76

Glad to help out fellow jailbreakers.

#76 OFFLINE   ncfoster

ncfoster

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

My mother got a DirecTV Cinema Connection Kit and a "new iPad" within the last week. She has a Belkin dual-band N router (not in front of it, so I don't have a model number handy). I have both the iPad and the receiver connected to the 5GHz band. Firmware on the router is updated to the latest. The LiveTV functionality took many tries to get it to work for the first time, and it doesn't always work. I read somewhere about people saying that they had to restart the program or reboot the iPad to get things to work. Are there any other recommended steps to try? This needs to be as foolproof as possible.

#77 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,326 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

Be sure the dvrs match online at her account on Directv.com.

The iPad should show you the dvrs it's seeing. Not sure how you have the receiver connected to the 5Ghz band?

Edit: I also sympathize with supporting new technology with mothers / mother-in-laws. . .

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#78 OFFLINE   zmancartfan

zmancartfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

I had more success putting both my iPad and the CCK in the 2.8 ghz band on my dual-band router (not Belkin). I found that the 5 ghz band was just a little too prone to dead spots and drop offs to be reliable enough overall. Once I got them both on the same band, I've had everything rock solid for a while. Maybe that might help here?

#79 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

I remember I had issues with my CCK and iPad at first too. I have an iPad 1 and Cisco router. I really don't remember doing anything other than what you have tried already. You could try changing the channel on the router if you haven't already. You could also try going in and setting a static local IP for the iPad and DVR in the router settings and see if that helps.

#80 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,326 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

I've used the wireless CCK on the 5Ghz band from a couple of Linksys dual band routers with dd-wrt firmware and had no problems.

How are your dvrs connected? Swim or ethernet?

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

spam firewall