Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Upgrade Motorhome Radio

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JohnQ

JohnQ

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 81 posts
  • LocationFreshwater Bay Washington

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

My motorhome is a 1997 and has a Delco Electronic radio and is very difficult to operate while driving, plus to get Satellite radio is a seperate Radio Shack Invo2 setup. Almost have to pull over to tune it. The Delco has am/fm/cd/cassette and is "2 DIN" and measures (approximately) 4" H x 7" W. What we want is a new radio that fits the space of the old one, AM, FM, CD and Satellite Radio (Sirius), and has a big enough screen so I can see at a glance. And a remote would be a plus for the wife in the co-pilot seat so she can change her own channels without getting up.

So what make/model recommendations does anyone have and where can I get one????

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   PokerJoker

PokerJoker

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 481 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

You might want to double check that radio size. Many GM's of that era used odd sized radios that aren't really double DIN and won't accept a double-DIN replacement. There also might not be enough depth behind the dash.

#3 OFFLINE   JohnQ

JohnQ

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

Well, I replaced that old Delco Electronic with a Pioneer FH-P8000BT dash radio (Excellent Sound and far better displays). I also added a Sirius SCC1/CD SB10 combo. And the important part, the antenna puck is just fine above the front cabinetry and receiving signals just fine thru the Fiberglass roof of the motorhome. All the hardware is in place and seems to be working great receiving the Sirius Advertising signals. It's the #$%^&*(*&^%$ people at Sirius that are screwing the pooch. They just do NOT get that I want my subscription transferred from that old Radio Shack receiver SID to the New setup SID. It's been two days of talking (on the phone) to a wall. Does anyone know the Secret Handshake, speak Canadian (that's who's on the other end of the phone line), anything?!?!?! Something so simple :mad::(

#4 OFFLINE   JohnQ

JohnQ

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

Well, apparently my "Not So Polite I Am The Customer" second call to the idiots got there attention. All Channels coming in loud and clear now, and most importantly, The Navigator can sit in her Co-Pilot Chair and change the channels to her hearts content (via the remote!!!!). :D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...