Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34: Version 0x057C Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   mtsz52784

mtsz52784

Legend

• Registered
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

In the guide on some channels there is a white triangle flag in the top right corner... what does this mean or do?
If you can read this thank a teacher -AND- since its in english thank a soldier!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

No, I have an older Sony SXRD connected to the HR34 via HDMI w/audio directly to a reciever. It's only 1080i and pretty old as far as HDMI goes.

The message only shows on the premium channels after a few hours. If i restart, it goes away for a while, but I think it comes back after I shut off the tv/dvr.

I suppose I could revert to the component cable instead, but was hoping not to have to crawling around behind to rewire it.

Dont believe that model is hdcp compliant
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#28 OFFLINE   parts.man

parts.man

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

There go the folders on Directv2PC.

#29 OFFLINE   vector1701

vector1701

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

So far so good on the update, I like it. Very happy with the progress bar cloud fis and the 2 second option for the graphics.

Can someone explain the following which were identified as updated and improved?

YouTube landing page & My DIRECTV improvements

#30 OFFLINE   slacker_x

slacker_x

Mentor

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

So I got a wonderful pink screen when I turned it on today. A simple reset fixed it but it was annoying to have to reset it. Does this update fix on demand so that I can actually watch on demand programs?

#31 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 598 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

I had a program set to record at 11:04 last nite. It didn't record "due to a software update". I got the new update at 3:42 this morning. Is that normal to have something
canceled approx 3 1/2 hrs before an update? No big deal, just wondering.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#32 OFFLINE   Jerry_K

Jerry_K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

So the "wonderful" HR34 decided to update right in the middle of a program we were watching. OK so it updated and at least came back on after a long time. Now the stupid thing starts the screensaver while we are watching a recorded program. Sound continues, picture is the dumb logo crawling over the screen. The screensaver should only be on if some person selects it to be on. No screensaver should be the default.
Genie (nee HR34) 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1601, Sharp 40" LED
HR24 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1501, Sansui 32" LCD

#33 OFFLINE   lehozle

lehozle

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

So the "wonderful" HR34 decided to update right in the middle of a program we were watching. OK so it updated and at least came back on after a long time. Now the stupid thing starts the screensaver while we are watching a recorded program. Sound continues, picture is the dumb logo crawling over the screen. The screensaver should only be on if some person selects it to be on. No screensaver should be the default.

I have the same issue with the screen saver.

#34 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 143 posts
  • LocationKC area

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

same here - was watching Perception and I know it came on at least 3x while watching it. Didn't time it to see if it's consistently doing it or just random. Maybe I'll do that tonite.
HR20-100 since 2008 w/27" Sony SDTV
HR34 since 4/3/2012 w/47" Mitsubishi HDTV
HMC since 4/3/2012

#35 OFFLINE   BadeMillsap

BadeMillsap

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

So after this "update" ... there is apparently a sequencing issue when powering up my Sony Brava and the HR34 ... I use a Logitech Harmony remote ... programmed for "Watch TV" which powers the TV and the DVR ... after this update ... that causes the TV to be PINK on all channels unless I manually (via remote) "power off" the HR34 after the TV is powered up and then power on the DVR ... I tried switching the sequence of power up ... but the SONY TV's power sequence is apparently too long and so the DVR gets power before the synch can take place ... didn't happen before this update ... anyone know a way around this annoyance? :mad:

#36 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,769 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

The screensaver should only be on if some person selects it to be on. No screensaver should be the default.

I definitely disagree here. Screensaver on should be the default. This particular behavior of it coming on when it's not paused does need fixed.

#37 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 143 posts
  • LocationKC area

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

Went to turn closed captioning off on a recording I was watching. The main banner went away, but the closed captioning selection box remained on the screen. Not sure how long it stayed on the screen as I had paused the recording and gotten up to go do something. I know it was longer than 30secs though.
HR20-100 since 2008 w/27" Sony SDTV
HR34 since 4/3/2012 w/47" Mitsubishi HDTV
HMC since 4/3/2012

#38 OFFLINE   BigFoot48

BigFoot48

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

The Rotten Tomatoes movie review ratings have gone away! Boooooo!!!!!
DTV since 1998. HR-34 since Feb 2012.

#39 OFFLINE   rickjag

rickjag

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

While listening to Pandora I went to change to another one of my music channels and it locked up saying please wait and all I could here then was whatever TV channel it was tuned to. A reboot got it going again. I haven't tried switching again in Pandorda yet to see if I can make fail.

#40 OFFLINE   kepper

kepper

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

Same here. I have to go to other my other DVRs to see Rotten Tomatoes. It kind of defeats the purpose of having a "media server"

#41 OFFLINE   JGinLA

JGinLA

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

I had my closed captions background panel set on "translucent", last night it defaulted back to "opaque". All my other personal preferences seemed to survive.
Love the new progress bar!

#42 OFFLINE   meckems

meckems

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

When is the VOD problem going to be fixed

#43 OFFLINE   apinkel

apinkel

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

So after this "update" ... there is apparently a sequencing issue when powering up my Sony Brava and the HR34 ... I use a Logitech Harmony remote ... programmed for "Watch TV" which powers the TV and the DVR ... after this update ... that causes the TV to be PINK on all channels unless I manually (via remote) "power off" the HR34 after the TV is powered up and then power on the DVR ... I tried switching the sequence of power up ... but the SONY TV's power sequence is apparently too long and so the DVR gets power before the synch can take place ... didn't happen before this update ... anyone know a way around this annoyance? :mad:

Same issue for me. Harmony remote, Sony TV w HR34. TV shows pink (and no audio) on initial turn-on, toggle the DVR power to fix it. I'm going to try playing with the power up timings but if I can't get it to work I'll probably just reconfigure the activity to leave the DVR powered on at all times.

#44 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Yes, much better. Now if we could just get them to make it disappear when doing slo-mo or frame-by-frame that would be ideal. Don't know why but the things I'm trying to see in those modes is almost always down in the area of the progress bar!

Same experience with the Pandora feature as cmasia.

After you pause, if you press exit, the progress bar will go away on frame by frame.

Can anyone explain what the "Channel Change Animation" is? I haven't noticed anything different.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#45 OFFLINE   gmrubin

gmrubin

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

They still haven't fixed the "autocorrect" feature which works on all other DVR's except the HR34. That is, when you FF at 1,2,3, or 4 speeds and then hit play, all the HR boxes (except the HR34) will auto rewind about 10 seconds so you do not overshoot the beginning of next "scene".

Has anyone heard when this might be fixed. Very annoying!

#46 OFFLINE   ~jb

~jb

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

Great update IMO. :) Days leading up to this update I got the dreaded HDCP issue on my premium channels. I was going to call DTV on that this weekend but after the update, everything is back to normal. Pandora is a nice addition, but we already had Google TV so... :rolleyes:

I'm so glad the black fog at the bottom is gone. :)

I still have the RT ratings on my 34:confused:

Anyone know what the Channel Change Animation update did?

#47 OFFLINE   tonydi

tonydi

Mentor

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

After you pause, if you press exit, the progress bar will go away on frame by frame.

Well that's intuitive! ;)

It appears to also work on slo-mo, although just getting into slo-mo is often an exercise in frustration. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it's like it switches and immediately switches back to regular speed before you can release the button.

Thanks for the tip! Has this always worked or is this a new feature?

#48 OFFLINE   tonydi

tonydi

Mentor

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

They still haven't fixed the "autocorrect" feature which works on all other DVR's except the HR34. That is, when you FF at 1,2,3, or 4 speeds and then hit play, all the HR boxes (except the HR34) will auto rewind about 10 seconds so you do not overshoot the beginning of next "scene".

It won't make you feel any better, but I've had this box since the end of Feb and while I've seen others complain about it, it's always worked fine here.

#49 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 598 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

+1
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#50 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

Well that's intuitive! ;)

It appears to also work on slo-mo, although just getting into slo-mo is often an exercise in frustration. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it's like it switches and immediately switches back to regular speed before you can release the button.

Thanks for the tip! Has this always worked or is this a new feature?

Your welcome. And its always worked that way.
HR34-700, HR22-100

Protected By... spam firewall...And...