Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34: Version 0x057C Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   JGinLA

JGinLA

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

I had my closed captions background panel set on "translucent", last night it defaulted back to "opaque". All my other personal preferences seemed to survive.
Love the new progress bar!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   meckems

meckems

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

When is the VOD problem going to be fixed

#43 OFFLINE   apinkel

apinkel

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

So after this "update" ... there is apparently a sequencing issue when powering up my Sony Brava and the HR34 ... I use a Logitech Harmony remote ... programmed for "Watch TV" which powers the TV and the DVR ... after this update ... that causes the TV to be PINK on all channels unless I manually (via remote) "power off" the HR34 after the TV is powered up and then power on the DVR ... I tried switching the sequence of power up ... but the SONY TV's power sequence is apparently too long and so the DVR gets power before the synch can take place ... didn't happen before this update ... anyone know a way around this annoyance? :mad:

Same issue for me. Harmony remote, Sony TV w HR34. TV shows pink (and no audio) on initial turn-on, toggle the DVR power to fix it. I'm going to try playing with the power up timings but if I can't get it to work I'll probably just reconfigure the activity to leave the DVR powered on at all times.

#44 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Yes, much better. Now if we could just get them to make it disappear when doing slo-mo or frame-by-frame that would be ideal. Don't know why but the things I'm trying to see in those modes is almost always down in the area of the progress bar!

Same experience with the Pandora feature as cmasia.

After you pause, if you press exit, the progress bar will go away on frame by frame.

Can anyone explain what the "Channel Change Animation" is? I haven't noticed anything different.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#45 OFFLINE   gmrubin

gmrubin

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

They still haven't fixed the "autocorrect" feature which works on all other DVR's except the HR34. That is, when you FF at 1,2,3, or 4 speeds and then hit play, all the HR boxes (except the HR34) will auto rewind about 10 seconds so you do not overshoot the beginning of next "scene".

Has anyone heard when this might be fixed. Very annoying!

#46 OFFLINE   ~jb

~jb

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

Great update IMO. :) Days leading up to this update I got the dreaded HDCP issue on my premium channels. I was going to call DTV on that this weekend but after the update, everything is back to normal. Pandora is a nice addition, but we already had Google TV so... :rolleyes:

I'm so glad the black fog at the bottom is gone. :)

The Rotten Tomatoes movie review ratings have gone away! Boooooo!!!!!

I still have the RT ratings on my 34:confused:

Anyone know what the Channel Change Animation update did?

#47 OFFLINE   tonydi

tonydi

Mentor

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

After you pause, if you press exit, the progress bar will go away on frame by frame.

Well that's intuitive! ;)

It appears to also work on slo-mo, although just getting into slo-mo is often an exercise in frustration. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it's like it switches and immediately switches back to regular speed before you can release the button.

Thanks for the tip! Has this always worked or is this a new feature?

#48 OFFLINE   tonydi

tonydi

Mentor

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

They still haven't fixed the "autocorrect" feature which works on all other DVR's except the HR34. That is, when you FF at 1,2,3, or 4 speeds and then hit play, all the HR boxes (except the HR34) will auto rewind about 10 seconds so you do not overshoot the beginning of next "scene".

It won't make you feel any better, but I've had this box since the end of Feb and while I've seen others complain about it, it's always worked fine here.

#49 ONLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 584 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

+1
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#50 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

Well that's intuitive! ;)

It appears to also work on slo-mo, although just getting into slo-mo is often an exercise in frustration. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it's like it switches and immediately switches back to regular speed before you can release the button.

Thanks for the tip! Has this always worked or is this a new feature?

Your welcome. And its always worked that way.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#51 OFFLINE   dod1450

dod1450

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

Did not fix my iPad can't find the HR34 issues. Even with today's iPad app update.

It also did not address the am21 issue where if you power off the hr-34 the LED on the am21 is still on. I have an HR24 with an am21 and the led on that am21 goes off when I push the power off via the remote.

HDR-24
HDR-34
AM-21N
ATT uverse internet

Genie Go

PGP: AD5A 96DC 7556 A020 B8E7 0E4D 5D5E 9BA5 C83E 8C92

#52 OFFLINE   gmrubin

gmrubin

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:54 AM

It won't make you feel any better, but I've had this box since the end of Feb and while I've seen others complain about it, it's always worked fine here.

good to know, I guess I'll ask for a new box....just wonder what the % of boxes out there where this works correctly?

#53 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationNorthern plains

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

Has anyone heard when this might be fixed. Very annoying!

I hope they don't "fix" the autocorrect "feature".
Leave it as is.
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#54 OFFLINE   ljnskywalker

ljnskywalker

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

My Extra Menu is blank...does it take a while to populate it?
Sony 1080p TV
HR34/700
PS3 / WII / XBOX-360 w/ HD-DVD

#55 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,030 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

My Extra Menu is blank...does it take a while to populate it?

Generally all those things are loaded in the first 24 hours. They sometimes get lost in transit.

You can either wait it out or do a Menu/Reset and wait another 24 hours.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#56 OFFLINE   caseyf5

caseyf5

Legend

• Registered
  • 191 posts
  • LocationBethpage, NY 11714

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

Hello everyone,

My HR34-700 is now on 0x057C. It has only had NR's and no CE's. The only thing I did was a search with IAMANEDGECUTTER. The triangles were there prior to 57C and did not leave when I removed the IAMANEDGECUTTER NOT. The My DIRECTV, Search & Browse, Recordings and Settings & Help are fully populated with icons and other pictures. There is no icon for reporting but the section with extras has no icons at all (by my count there are nine missing out of nine). Top Row: Messages, Active and Game Lounge. Middle Row: TV Apps, YouTube and Pandora. Bottom Row: Music & Photos, Caller ID and Showroom. I tried reauthorizing the DVR through the website. Next using the remote to restart the receiver. I even did a RBR. I have not tried reset defaults or even reset everything. I will give it time to see if the extra section repopulates in the next few days. :confused:
My setup: 1 HR34/700 DVR no external HD, 1 HR24/500 DVR using WD 2TB Green HD and Antec MX-1 enclosure (used for CE) and 3 H24/700 receivers, 1 SL5 Dish (4 cable), 1 SWM16 Multiswitch, 1 Wired CCK. 1 Whole Home with DECA, 1 Sharp LC-37GP1U TV, 1 Sony Home Theater System HT-CT550W (Soundbar), 1 Impact 6x2 Component Video Matrix (Switcher) and 2 Sewell 1x2 HDMI Splitters with Ethernet, 3D Support and 4Kx2K Resolution with multiple hdmi cables with Ethernet.

#57 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,876 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

Hello everyone,

My HR34-700 is now on 0x057C. It has only had NR's and no CE's. The only thing I did was a search with IAMANEDGECUTTER. The triangles were there prior to 57C and did not leave when I removed the IAMANEDGECUTTER NOT. The My DIRECTV, Search & Browse, Recordings and Settings & Help are fully populated with icons and other pictures. There is no icon for reporting but the section with extras has no icons at all (by my count there are nine missing out of nine). Top Row: Messages, Active and Game Lounge. Middle Row: TV Apps, YouTube and Pandora. Bottom Row: Music & Photos, Caller ID and Showroom. I tried reauthorizing the DVR through the website. Next using the remote to restart the receiver. I even did a RBR. I have not tried reset defaults or even reset everything. I will give it time to see if the extra section repopulates in the next few days. :confused:

First off you shouldn't be doing an RBR unless the unit is totally locked up. When the unit is responsive you should be rebooting using the menu option for rebooting.

That being said try 2 menu reboots within a 30 minute period of time. This has worked for others in the past who were missing Pandora, Youtube, etc.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#58 OFFLINE   lgb0250

lgb0250

Legend

• Registered
  • 254 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

Seem to be having more problems with OTA's since this most recent update. Have always had the sound problem occasionally but now it is much more frequent. This morning I was watching the local ABC affiliate on OTA and all of a sudden the screen just went black with no sound at all. When I switched back to the D* ABC channel all was ok again!

I have also noticed that it seems to take a great deal longer to delete a recording. Went to delete a 1hr recording last night and it seemed to take the better part of a minute to accomplish and the whole time the message popped up that said something like "rebuilding the playlist". I don't remember ever seeing that message before.

The other day it froze up completely with nothing but a pink screen and I had to do an RBR to get it back.

All in all my unit is not acting nearly as well as before. I was probably one of the few out there that had had no problems since having mine installed. Hopefully these quirks will get resolved quickly.

#59 OFFLINE   apinkel

apinkel

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

So after this "update" ... there is apparently a sequencing issue when powering up my Sony Brava and the HR34 ... I use a Logitech Harmony remote ... programmed for "Watch TV" which powers the TV and the DVR ... after this update ... that causes the TV to be PINK on all channels unless I manually (via remote) "power off" the HR34 after the TV is powered up and then power on the DVR ... I tried switching the sequence of power up ... but the SONY TV's power sequence is apparently too long and so the DVR gets power before the synch can take place ... didn't happen before this update ... anyone know a way around this annoyance? :mad:

It took a bit of playing but I have a solution for this issue on my setup. I moved the power on command from the device to the activity (and added a 5 second pause before issuing the poweron).

-Go into the hr34 power settings and set the poweron command to poweroff (so both the poweron and poweroff send the poweroff command).
-Now for the activities that use the dvr-->Review the settings-->I want to add more control of options for this activity-->Proceed thru these options until you get to the Custom Actions page, add a hr34 device 5 second pause followed by a poweron option. You may need to adjust the pause time, 5 seconds worked for my setup.

#60 OFFLINE   caseyf5

caseyf5

Legend

• Registered
  • 191 posts
  • LocationBethpage, NY 11714

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

Hello RunnerFL,

I wish to apologize for omitting the information that I did 2 reset receivers in less than 30 minutes. It still had the triangles after the flushing of the guide. Then I did the RBR. I talked to Technical Support and received some interesting information. Anyone viewing the original installation of an HR34 might remember that there was a message saying that additional software needed to be installed. This is the 7 icons of the Extra's section. If they are missing then they should be sent out again in a few days time. If it doesn't happen then you should call back in a few days or a little longer to have it sent out addressed to the individual DVR. Since the 2 additional icons youtube and pandora are now authorized I hope that all 9 will be sent out in one burst. :joy:
My setup: 1 HR34/700 DVR no external HD, 1 HR24/500 DVR using WD 2TB Green HD and Antec MX-1 enclosure (used for CE) and 3 H24/700 receivers, 1 SL5 Dish (4 cable), 1 SWM16 Multiswitch, 1 Wired CCK. 1 Whole Home with DECA, 1 Sharp LC-37GP1U TV, 1 Sony Home Theater System HT-CT550W (Soundbar), 1 Impact 6x2 Component Video Matrix (Switcher) and 2 Sewell 1x2 HDMI Splitters with Ethernet, 3D Support and 4Kx2K Resolution with multiple hdmi cables with Ethernet.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...