Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34: Version 0x057C Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Vesper

Vesper

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

Like someone mentioned upthread, Directv2PC isn't showing anything that's in a folder.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   rbohling

rbohling

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:23 AM

I am missing all icons on the Extras menu. No caller ID, no nothing. I did 2 resets and a a forced software download. No change. Called tech support and they were stumped. Supposedly bumped me up to next level and said I would get a call in the next couple of days.....who knows? I also have the white triangles caseyf5 is reporting (in my guide). Funny, most are on Viacom channels. Maybe I am supposed to feel special, that I got them back:grin: So far, no joy, on the new update.

#63 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

Wonder if any of these problems connect to when the 34 was made (ie did the maker have a "bad month")??
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#64 OFFLINE   unixguru

unixguru

Godfather

• Registered
  • 489 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

Same issue for me. Harmony remote, Sony TV w HR34. TV shows pink (and no audio) on initial turn-on, toggle the DVR power to fix it. I'm going to try playing with the power up timings but if I can't get it to work I'll probably just reconfigure the activity to leave the DVR powered on at all times.

Same here. EVERY TIME.

I had my Harmony configured to leave the DVR on all the time so that won't help.

I found that the power timing on the DVR device in the Harmony setup does NOTHING. I set it all the way up to 10000ms and it still turned it on right away (I have an 880).

My current hack is to manually add a sequence to the end of the appropriate actions to power the DVR off, wait a few seconds, and power it on again.

Normally that wouldn't be too kind to hardware but these things don't really shut off anyway. If it wasn't for losing recordings and series setup I kinda wish this frequent power cycling would toast the DVR so it costs DTV money :)

Dont believe that model is hdcp compliant

One thing that is definitely not HDCP compliant is the HR34 software.

Unbelievable that this crap would ever be released. Apparently there is NO quality control at DTV.

#65 OFFLINE   apinkel

apinkel

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

Same here. EVERY TIME.

I had my Harmony configured to leave the DVR on all the time so that won't help.

I found that the power timing on the DVR device in the Harmony setup does NOTHING. I set it all the way up to 10000ms and it still turned it on right away (I have an 880).

My current hack is to manually add a sequence to the end of the appropriate actions to power the DVR off, wait a few seconds, and power it on again.

Normally that wouldn't be too kind to hardware but these things don't really shut off anyway. If it wasn't for losing recordings and series setup I kinda wish this frequent power cycling would toast the DVR so it costs DTV money :)

Yes, I tried both of those solutions as well with no success. See my post about 6 back. I added a custom sequence to my activity to pause for 5 seconds and then issue the power on. I'm not sure all harmony remotes support this but if yours does it's been a very effective solution for me so far.

#66 OFFLINE   vector1701

vector1701

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

Well that's intuitive! ;)

It appears to also work on slo-mo, although just getting into slo-mo is often an exercise in frustration. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it's like it switches and immediately switches back to regular speed before you can release the button.

Thanks for the tip! Has this always worked or is this a new feature?

I agree. The slo-mo sucks. DTV should have used a different key to get slo-mo like a double hit on the play button or something else..

#67 OFFLINE   vector1701

vector1701

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

They still haven't fixed the "autocorrect" feature which works on all other DVR's except the HR34. That is, when you FF at 1,2,3, or 4 speeds and then hit play, all the HR boxes (except the HR34) will auto rewind about 10 seconds so you do not overshoot the beginning of next "scene".

Has anyone heard when this might be fixed. Very annoying!

I would agree...the highest FF is basically useless as it skips back almost 90 seconds...

#68 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:33 AM

I'm having the same issue with the Extras being blank. Tried 2 menu resets & nothing. Hopefully they will be pushed to the HR34 soon...

#69 OFFLINE   jstewartgt

jstewartgt

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

+1 to the screensaver issue. My 2 year old keeps screaming every few minutes because his show is vanishing off the screen for no reason

#70 OFFLINE   yatsco

yatsco

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

Just to report the recent problems I am having since this software upgrade. This has happen 3 times in the last week. It has all occurred when I am watching a show and select the Menue/To Do List/Series Manager or something on the Menue screen. The screen freezes. I can not exit out or select anything on the menue. I can not turn off the DIRECTV receiver with the remote OR manually at the box. I pushed the red reset button and it shut off twice but once I had to unplug the receiver. Everything eventually comes back, except I have lost a portion of what may have been recording.

Is this something to do with the software upgrade or is it a more serious problem?
I have the protection plan, should I call now or wait to see if it happen again. Any other suggestions?

#71 OFFLINE   unixguru

unixguru

Godfather

• Registered
  • 489 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

Yes, I tried both of those solutions as well with no success. See my post about 6 back. I added a custom sequence to my activity to pause for 5 seconds and then issue the power on. I'm not sure all harmony remotes support this but if yours does it's been a very effective solution for me so far.

Sorry, I missed that post!

Yep, better workaround.

#72 OFFLINE   BigFoot48

BigFoot48

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

Rotten Tomatoes movie ratings are back. Yeah!

Just noticed that the 4-hour Energy Saving feature appears to shut off Pandora if it was left running when the TV (i.e. remote usage) is shut off. We have music on all day, usually ch856, but recently started using Pandora Ambient, which seems to keep switching back to 856 in the afternoon.
DTV since 1998. HR-34 since Feb 2012.

#73 OFFLINE   BigFoot48

BigFoot48

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

Now the stupid thing starts the screensaver while we are watching a recorded program. Sound continues, picture is the dumb logo crawling over the screen. .

This has now happened to us twice in the last hour, on two different recorded programs. Started this afternoon. Recorded programs watched this morning, and since the update did not have this happen. Appears after watching the program without touching a key for 5 minutes. Very annoying.

Did a soft reboot and it may have fixed it. Need more testing to confirm.

Edited by BigFoot48, 14 August 2012 - 11:51 PM.

DTV since 1998. HR-34 since Feb 2012.

#74 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

Has anyone gotten their Extras menu to populate?

#75 OFFLINE   markrogo

markrogo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

Is anyone have an issue where their HMC drops off the Whole Home seemingly without warning then seems to come back? It appears to be my only box (of 4) that is doing this. The problem is also fairly recent.

(I should add that I'm having the "screensaver problem" too.)

The box is on the released version of the software, nothing funky.

#76 OFFLINE   couchpotatojoe

couchpotatojoe

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

For the past two days one of four shows didn't record in my series manager. I checked the history and it said canceled and other three recorded. No one in my house canceled this as the HR 34 did that on its own. I deleted series and restarted a new recording. I also moved it up on the priority list in the series manager. That was strange for it to cancel a show suddenly.
Directv customer since 2006
HR34-700, HR24-100, HR23-700, 3 H25-700's

#77 OFFLINE   Camman41

Camman41

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

+1 to the screensaver issue. My 2 year old keeps screaming every few minutes because his show is vanishing off the screen for no reason

Got the same problem. (Not with the screensaver . . . my 2 year old screams every few minutes and the TV's not even on.)

#78 OFFLINE   tonydi

tonydi

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

For the past two days one of four shows didn't record in my series manager. I checked the history and it said canceled and other three recorded. No one in my house canceled this as the HR 34 did that on its own. I deleted series and restarted a new recording. I also moved it up on the priority list in the series manager. That was strange for it to cancel a show suddenly.

Did it give any reason for the cancellation?

#79 OFFLINE   couchpotatojoe

couchpotatojoe

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

Did it give any reason for the cancellation?

No, it doesn't say why it is canceled. Today it recorded after I deleted the series and then re-recorded the series again. I also moved it up on the priority list so it wasn't last place on the series manager. However, there are no other shows recording at the same time. Weird.
Directv customer since 2006
HR34-700, HR24-100, HR23-700, 3 H25-700's

#80 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,413 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

Has anyone gotten their Extras menu to populate?

Didn't vanish for me.

Drew
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR:HR34-7, Dn:HR24-1, MB:HR24-5, Bm:HR21-2, Kt:H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV '00

spam firewall