Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34: Version 0x057C Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#151 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,232 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

Follow-up to the multiple HR34 question. Does anyone know how large of an external drive the HR34 will accept? I see that some people have had success with 2TB, but I would like to know if drive systems (that emulate a single large eSata drive) that are larger than 2TB would be compatible. Any clues?

2TB is the hard limit.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#152 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

A series of issues happened one right after another late last nite. Not sure if these are known glitches or my living room HR34 is about to die.

At 1am I was bored and just to waste some time waiting for a program to come on went to check my signal strengths but when i went there it wasnt populating any numbers (on the grid style) at all on any of the tuners or sats. Just kept the dashes and didnt show anything. Then I tried to see what it showed on the meters and same thing nothing ...didnt even say 0 just didnt operate. Live tv was fine was watching tv ok.

Did a system test. The test didnt even get to any percentage and just immediately said "system test failed" and had a diagnostic code and to call customer service but i forgot to write down the code. Test also didnt say what was wrong. Just didnt seem like it run like the software screwed up.

I just decided to restart the receiver b/c i thought maybe that wuld fix it. Well after the restart all signal meters worked fine.......system test worked and passed. So ok i thought it just needed to be restarted.

Then like 20minutes later i was in my recorded shows list and was about to choose something recorded on the other dvr in the bedroom then all of a sudden the shows from the bedroom dvr disappeared and the HR34 came up with a message saying it had been disconnected from the network. I went into the bedroom and looked on that dvr and it could see the 34 fine and showed the 34 in the whole home status page. Came back in the living room and when back to my recordings list and boom the recordings from the bedroom dvr were back in the list.

Then the next thing I noticed david letterman in my series manager didnt tape on the 34. I went into my history it said david letterman wasnt taped b/c of an unexpected error (39). Odd b/c david letterman recorded fine on the bedroom dvr just fine.

Now i'm looking at my to do list and it's only showing 7 items in it yet my series manager has all my shows in it but all of them are showing a (0) by them yet my guide is all in tact. Not sure if the restart (just one) deleted my to do list and it needs time to populate but dont think so b/c my guide data didnt get flushed.

Live tv is just fine no problem at all with picture.

#153 OFFLINE   jborchel

jborchel

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

I installed the HR34 this morning and it worked when the tech left. Of course, when I went back to use the thing an hour later I could not get it to respond to the remote. I checked to see that it was set to IR and it was. I have an IR repeater system that allowed me to test the control to verify that it was working and it was. Also, it worked the volume of the plasma so it's pretty clear that the receiver is either not functioning properly or there is a setting in the menu that I have misapplied.

Any experiences with this out there?

#154 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

Originally posted by HobbyTalk: (RE HR34) Problem is mine worked almost perfect when first installed. It just seems to be getting worse with each software update.

Here's the latest bug (for me) with the new software: Sometimes when I change channels, I get this, i.e. most of the screen white. It's hard to get it to go away.

Attached Thumbnails

• vlcsnap-2012-08-22-14h46m30s192.png

Edited by jibberyerkibber, 23 August 2012 - 06:44 AM.
Add Stuff

#155 OFFLINE   jborchel

jborchel

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

I installed the HR34 this morning and it worked when the tech left. Of course, when I went back to use the thing an hour later I could not get it to respond to the remote. I checked to see that it was set to IR and it was. I have an IR repeater system that allowed me to test the control to verify that it was working and it was. Also, it worked the volume of the plasma so it's pretty clear that the receiver is either not functioning properly or there is a setting in the menu that I have misapplied.

Any experiences with this out there?

Called D* tech support and she took me through a number of steps to determine that the IR sensor was probably malfunctioning. She scheduled a receiver replacement for Sunday afternoon. Meanwhile we determined that the RF worked so I am using that until new unit arrives. In previous receivers I had determined that IR was faster than RF. This was when receivers were very slow in response and I switched to IR to find any improvement in speed that I could find.

#156 OFFLINE   markrogo

markrogo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

Originally posted by HobbyTalk: (RE HR34) Problem is mine worked almost perfect when first installed. It just seems to be getting worse with each software update.

Mine basically did work perfectly originally.

Now it basically is useless.

I am about done with it at this point and am likely going to cancel DirecTV, which I've had for more than 10 years.

#157 OFFLINE   jborchel

jborchel

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

I am about done with it at this point and am likely going to cancel DirecTV, which I've had for more than 10 years.

I've had mine for two weeks now and it works great. Lightening fast. I just keep hitting the record button and it never says "pick which one you want to give up".

Didn't know the HR34 was going to cost me $10/month though. They call it Advanced Receiver fee. Have I got that right.

#158 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

I've had mine for two weeks now and it works great. Lightening fast. I just keep hitting the record button and it never says "pick which one you want to give up".

Didn't know the HR34 was going to cost me $10/month though. They call it Advanced Receiver fee. Have I got that right.

Had that charge prior to the installation of the HR34

#159 OFFLINE   jborchel

jborchel

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

Had that charge prior to the installation of the HR34

I don' remember that charge but will try to look up one of my old bills to see.

#160 OFFLINE   jborchel

jborchel

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

I don' remember that charge but will try to look up one of my old bills to see.

Just looked it up. I have been paying that fee. Guess it's for the DVR. Now the HR34 looks even better.

#161 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

Just looked it up. I have been paying that fee. Guess it's for the DVR. Now the HR34 looks even better.

search for the thread on the last price increase, they renamed a lot of line items then

Protected By... spam firewall...And...