Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

She Won!... but she ain't happy about it.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Posted Image
Team Mexico Pork Cloud

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Upstream

Upstream

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

Looks like she won in the settlement too.

http://www.usatoday....09/toy-yoda.htm

David Noll, her attorney, said Wednesday that he could not disclose the settlement's details, although he said Berry can now go to a local car dealership and "pick out whatever type of Toyota she wants."

#3 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

Guess that manager will now know the difference between a Toyota and a Toy Yoda :)

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#4 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,433 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

Reminds me of a story from 15-20 years ago or so when a local car dealer had a TV ad where he said something along the lines of "A new car for only 10,000 bananas". Then someone came with a big truckload of 10,000 bananas and after a lawsuit IIRC, he had to give them the car.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,653 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

Reminds me of a story from 15-20 years ago or so when a local car dealer had a TV ad where he said something along the lines of "A new car for only 10,000 bananas". Then someone came with a big truckload of 10,000 bananas and after a lawsuit IIRC, he had to give them the car.

I think the best was when Burma-Shave offered a trip to Mars on a series of signs of 900 empty jars. A guy cashed in, and after a few correspondences they ended up sending his family to a town in Germany that was pronounced Mars.

#6 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,910 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

Since there's a town in PA that's not only pronounced that way, it's spelled "Mars", seems a more likely choice! Also one in CA, and Texas, the latter state also boasting a town called "Earth".
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#7 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,838 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:42 PM

http://www.snopes.co...eals/hummer.asp
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#8 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,653 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:14 AM

Since there's a town in PA that's not only pronounced that way, it's spelled "Mars", seems a more likely choice! Also one in CA, and Texas, the latter state also boasting a town called "Earth".

I think they probably wanted to at least give them a nice European vacation.

spam firewall