Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper - S221/Joey S271 Software Experiences/Bugs

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,604 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

Just a quick update - I confirmed that it is definitely PTAT that is the problem. If I disable PTAT, and then check the timer schedule, the recordings show up correctly. Re-enable it, and they show up as skipped. Oh, and I have two Hoppers, and both do the same thing (although I don't normally have PTAT enabled on the second Hopper).

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question... but isn't this how PTAT is supposed to work?

If you enable PTAT, then timers set for PrimeTime LiLs should be skipped UNLESS you specifically mark that you want to save them... IF you had done this before, maybe the glitch is that S221 undid your setting to override PTAT on the timers?

Also, out of curiosity... I've seen some screens that look like IF you have some things recorded via PTAT that there is a "Save" and a "Save series" option... is it possible that IF you let PTAT record a show, like Grimm, then on that recording choose "Save series" instead of setting a timer that it will do what you wanted it to do?

On a semi-related note... NBC sometimes has their shows in the On Demand section, and usually free when they are... so you might want to check there for the episode that you missed that was already deleted.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question... but isn't this how PTAT is supposed to work?

If you enable PTAT, then timers set for PrimeTime LiLs should be skipped UNLESS you specifically mark that you want to save them... IF you had done this before, maybe the glitch is that S221 undid your setting to override PTAT on the timers?

Also, out of curiosity... I've seen some screens that look like IF you have some things recorded via PTAT that there is a "Save" and a "Save series" option... is it possible that IF you let PTAT record a show, like Grimm, then on that recording choose "Save series" instead of setting a timer that it will do what you wanted it to do?

On a semi-related note... NBC sometimes has their shows in the On Demand section, and usually free when they are... so you might want to check there for the episode that you missed that was already deleted.

What "save series" does is create a normal timer for "new and reruns"
Timers for PTAT shows you want to save will show skipped (probably because they won't use a separate tuner) but they will be in both your recordings folder and the PTAT folder.
Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#63 OFFLINE   RoboDad

RoboDad

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

What "save series" does is create a normal timer for "new and reruns"
Timers for PTAT shows you want to save will show skipped (probably because they won't use a separate tuner) but they will be in both your recordings folder and the PTAT folder.

But they aren't showing up in my recordings. And pre-221 they didn't show as skipped in the timer schedule, at least on my Hopper.

And "save series" gives you the option (just as any normal timer) to save "new only" or "new and reruns".

#64 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

And "save series" gives you the option (just as any normal timer) to save "new only" or "new and reruns".

No, it does NOT, you have to go to your timers and edit if you want to change from new & reruns to only new.
Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#65 OFFLINE   RoboDad

RoboDad

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:23 AM

No, it does NOT, you have to go to your timers and edit if you want to change from new & reruns to only new.

I think we're talking about different methods of setting up the timer. You are probably talking about saving the series from the PTAT folder. I was talking about saving it from the guide. Both methods create a timer, but using the guide gives you the same options as any other timer.

But, this is a side issue. The real problem is that PTAT recording, NEW recordings, which should be added to the My Recordings folder, are not getting added. They are still in the PTAT folder, and I can manually save them, but that is an unacceptable workaround.

Edited by RoboDad, 25 August 2012 - 02:30 AM.

#66 OFFLINE   n-spring

n-spring

Legend

• Registered
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:22 AM

But, this is a side issue. The real problem is that PTAT recording, NEW recordings, which should be added to the My Recordings folder, are not getting added. They are still in the PTAT folder, and I can manually save them, but that is an unacceptable workaround.

Do they automatically move to the My Recordings folder after 8 days?
DISH subscriber since March 2012
1000.2 HD dish antenna with Solo Node
Living room: XiP813 Hopper (S238) to Visio XVT553SV via HDMI; connected to 100Base-TX LAN
Home theatre: XiP110 Joey (S286) to Anthem Statement D2 via HDMI, then to Panasonic TC-P65VT50 via HDMI
Bedroom: XiP110 Joey (S286) to Sony KDL-26M3000 via HDMI
Internet access: Comcast 10Mb/s; Dynamic IP; NAT on Linksys E3200 router

#67 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19,868 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

They (by DVR's FW rules) do automatically purge PTA recordings after 8 days.

#68 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,762 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

IF there is an individual timer set up for a PTAT show:
The event will show up as "skipped" in the Daily Schedule (Skipped: PrimeTime Anytime Event)
The event will record as part of PTAT ... and show up in both the My Recordings and PrimeTime Anytime folders.
After the "8 days" (which can be set for as little as two days in Settings) the event will be removed from the PrimeTime Anytime folder - but will remain in the My Recordings folder until deleted.

Deletion from My Recordings could come from exceeding the number of "kept" programs or manual deletion. Or it could come from having a full hard drive (doubtful on a newer machine, but some may fill their drives).

If a program is skipped for any other reason than "PrimeTime Anytime Event" (for example, "Not a New Episode") it will not be saved in the My Recordings folder.

#69 OFFLINE   RoboDad

RoboDad

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

Again, I don't know how many times I am going to have to repeat this.

Recordings ARE NOT showing up in the My Recordings folder. They ARE showing in the PTAT folder, and I can manually save them. But if I don't manually save them, at the end of the 8 day window they are gone, and I have no way to see them.

#70 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,762 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:33 AM

Look in your Daily Schedule. Is the show listed there? (Unhide skipped if you have skipped shows hidden.)

Is the show shown as skipped? If so, what is the reason shown for skipping the show?

If the show is not shown in the Daily Schedule, do you have a timer set for the right channel?

#71 OFFLINE   RoboDad

RoboDad

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Yes, I've already checked all of the things you suggested. The timers were set, and they did show up in the schedule as Skipped: PTAT event.

I'm beginning to think that something just got confused when my Hopper upgraded to 221. I have just tried doing "reset" of all of the PTAT/timer settings. I turned off PTAT, deleted my timers, turned PTAT back on, and recreated the timers. I'll keep an eye on things this week to see if things behave any differently.

[Update]

I've been monitoring my PTAT timers since my "reset", and it looks like everything is working again. At least, the three shows that should have been saved to My Programs this week were all correctly saved. Still not sure exactly what caused the problem, but it appears to be gone now.

Edited by RoboDad, 01 September 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#72 OFFLINE   zane77

zane77

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

H221 J271 Two of my Joeys intermittantly black out for about 3 to 30 seconds, anyone else having an issue? MoCA shows all 4 green bars. I am running two hoppers and 3 Joeys and this is happening on Joeys attached to two different Hoppers

#73 OFFLINE   randob

randob

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

I recently switched from 722 to Hopper and had backed up most DVR content to an external hard disk. Now that the recordings are restored to Hopper, some of the shows with multiple episodes won't play. I can get More Info on the recording but then hit Watch and get nothing but a black screen. I then hit the DVR button and go back into the same More Info and instead of info get the red error message, "A problem was encountered when opening the files for this DVR event. Please note the Error Code: 04." So Hopper is busily corrupting the files. Anyone have a workaround for this?

Edited by randob, 04 September 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#74 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19,868 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

Workaround would be make backup DishArc first (as it was mentioned here many times) and after restore it try again.

#75 OFFLINE   randob

randob

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

Today my Daily Schedule is full of No Info Available instead of the program names, except for Primetime Anytime. This is causing wrong recording end times, reruns to be recorded instead of skipped, and lots of conflicts. Reset didn't cure it. Anyone else see this?

#76 OFFLINE   bigdog9586

bigdog9586

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

It won't be fixed till tomorrow after nightly updates. It's just one of the many Dish bugs.

#77 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:03 AM

Just received S222 on one of the Hoppers. Others are still at S221. Available Joey software is still S271. Haven't looked at anything yet but we shall see what it's made of!

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

#78 OFFLINE   oldengineer

oldengineer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

I got S222 on both Hoppers this AM. The guide was on my custom favs list when I turned the box on - I wonder if they changed that? I also noticed that all eligible PTAT shows have red kangaroos, maybe they fixed that. Otherwise I don't see anything glaringly different.

2H/1J

#79 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

I got S222 on both Hoppers this AM. The guide was on my custom favs list when I turned the box on - I wonder if they changed that? I also noticed that all eligible PTAT shows have red kangaroos, maybe they fixed that. Otherwise I don't see anything glaringly different.

I still have 221 and my HD FAVS were in place yesterday and this morning...?

Edited by 356B, 13 September 2012 - 09:12 AM.

Thank you and
Best of luck

#80 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19,868 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

I still have 121 and my HD FAVS were in place yesterday and this morning...?

What about real SW version ? Is it S212 ? Or what ?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...