Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What happend to my HR34!

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 853 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

What moron at D* decided it was ok to release this crap?

C'mon, try to get it right. The morons all work at Dish. It's imbeciles at DIRECTV. ;)

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 853 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

Just out of curiosity, for those with the pink screen issues... what happens if you put the DVR in standby, leave it for 10 seconds, and take it out of standby? Does that fix things? I so... maybe that might point to an answer that could make it into a future release.

In my situation, I have found two methods to "fix" (I really hesitated using that term) the issue:

1. With both the TV and DVR powered on, and the pink screen appearing (and no audio present), switching the TV to any other HDMI port and then back to the port to which the DVR is connected restores full functionality.

2. With both the TV and DVR powered on, and the pink screen appearing (and no audio present), turning only the DVR off and on once restores clear (no pink screen) video. A second cycle of turning only the DVR off and on then restores the audio.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

#123 OFFLINE   vthokies1996

vthokies1996

Legend

• Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

When you want to watch TV what do you do first, turn on your TV or take your DVR out of standby?

I hit the ON button on the remote that turns both the tv and DVR on. It doesn't matter the order. If the TV is turned off, it will display a pink screen initially once the DVR is turned on.

#124 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

It is most definitely true. Read again what I wrote. I did not write that everyone who had one symptom had the other.

I didn't say that you said everyone who had one had the other, you said they were related. They aren't related. Can't say why they aren't but they aren't.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#125 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

I hit the ON button on the remote that turns both the tv and DVR on. It doesn't matter the order. If the TV is turned off, it will display a pink screen initially once the DVR is turned on.

Try this...

1. Put the slider on the remote in the D position and press the PWR button under the slider to turn on just the DVR.

2. Move the slider to TV and press the PWR button twice (twice because the DVR is reminding you that the slider is on TV, but you can't see that since the TV isn't on, and wants you to confirm your PWR command is meant for the TV).

If you still get the pink screen try steps 1 and 2 in reverse and see what happens.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#126 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

Try turning just the tv on and leaving it on for a min till you know it's fully up (blue screen on mine for example) then turn on the DVr.

#127 OFFLINE   yatsco

yatsco

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

Just to report a different problem I am having since this software up grade for the HR-34. I have also reported this on the site specific to the new upgrade. This has happened 3 times in the last week. It has all occurred when I am watching a show and select the Menue/To Do/Series Manager or something on the Menue screen. The screen freezes. I can not exit out or select anything on the menue. I can not turn off the DIRECTV receiver with the remote OR manually at the box. I pushed the red reset button and it shut off twice but once I had to unplug the receiver. Everything eventually comes back, except I have lost a portion of what may have been recording.

Is this something to do with the software upgrade or is it a more serious problem? I have the protection plan, should I call now or wait to see if it happen again? Thanks for any response to this problem?

#128 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

Just to report a different problem I am having since this software up grade for the HR-34. I have also reported this on the site specific to the new upgrade. This has happened 3 times in the last week. It has all occurred when I am watching a show and select the Menue/To Do/Series Manager or something on the Menue screen. The screen freezes. I can not exit out or select anything on the menue. I can not turn off the DIRECTV receiver with the remote OR manually at the box. I pushed the red reset button and it shut off twice but once I had to unplug the receiver. Everything eventually comes back, except I have lost a portion of what may have been recording.

Is this something to do with the software upgrade or is it a more serious problem? I have the protection plan, should I call now or wait to see if it happen again? Thanks for any response to this problem?

Just how long did you wait? Try recreating this problem at a time when you aren't gong to be watching tv for a while, and when it locks up, if you can get it to do it again, leave it alone for 30 minutes and see what happens.... You can turn of the tv while waiting...

#129 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

gio12, can i ask how old is your tv?

#130 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 836 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

gio12, can i ask how old is your tv?

2 yrs old. No issues with my HR22-100 on this tv either. I have an older Panasonic plasma (2006) upstairs and no issues with the HR22-100 up there either. I have not tired the HR34 on the older tv. Too much of a hassle right now.

#131 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

2 yrs old. No issues with my HR22-100 on this tv either. I have an older Panasonic plasma (2006) upstairs and no issues with the HR22-100 up there either. I have not tired the HR34 on the older tv. Too much of a hassle right now.

yesterday i just hookup my new "50 tv and today turn it on for the first time i had no pink screen since the update, but i will give a week and see if the pink come back

Protected By... spam firewall...And...