Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Turn off the screen saveron HR34

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,846 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

It does not work properly if you cannot turn it off.

And it doesn't work at all if you can turn it off. sheesh....

Not having the ability to turn it off is not the bug and does not keep it from working properly.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   perkolater

perkolater

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:33 AM

I watched my HR34 for all of one hour tonight...and the SS popped on 3 times. It was a recording. Extremely obnoxious.

Same thing happened to me last night, while watching both recordings AND live TV. Very annoying.

#23 OFFLINE   HiDefGator

HiDefGator

Legend

• Registered
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

Mine comes on every 5 minutes like clockwork. I rebooted and the problem was gone for a short time.

#24 OFFLINE   Jerry_K

Jerry_K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

We are camped in Deadwood South Dakota. Some poor fellow came by and asked if we had DirecTV. I said yes we did. He was watching some game on TV and all of a sudden his screen saver came on. I explained it was a buggy useless feature and he had to press exit or other buttons like play to make it go away. He had no idea so just turned off his TV and went to bed missing the last of his game.

So please make it an option at worst, eliminate it at best.
Genie (nee HR34) 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1601, Sharp 40" LED
HR24 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1501, Sansui 32" LCD

#25 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

We are camped in Deadwood South Dakota. Some poor fellow came by and asked if we had DirecTV. I said yes we did. He was watching some game on TV and all of a sudden his screen saver came on. I explained it was a buggy useless feature and he had to press exit or other buttons like play to make it go away. He had no idea so just turned off his TV and went to bed missing the last of his game.

So please make it an option at worst, eliminate it at best.

He couldn't figure out to push a button? :sure:
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#26 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,996 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

Some people just get frustrated and give up, they don't want to deal with it. If I had that bug as much as some here have said they have, it would be driving me nuts.

Though I figured the majority of 34 owners were more power users, not the average customer.

Edited by dpeters11, 03 September 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   Jerry_K

Jerry_K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

The gentleman is 85 years old and only knows that there is Dish and DirecTV. No knowledge of his system beyond it is DirecTV. I tried to help him understand and he said that he keeps getting messages asking him to set up his remote. He said it is not worth any bother.

It is not just folks like us who are on this forum and have some understanding of the workings of the system. There are far more folks who have no idea how any of it works. Some installer, good or bad, sets up their system and they just try to use it.

So screen save on TiVo is not on by default. You can turn it on if you choose. That is a smart way to implement a screen saver.
Genie (nee HR34) 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1601, Sharp 40" LED
HR24 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1501, Sansui 32" LCD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...