Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Did I screw up? Intellian vip211k

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,969 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

I believe 211 & 211K have a 1TB limit on HD.:)

Wrong believe. Actually you should use Search and find latest info.

For these of you who are not capable use Search with "211 EHD limit" keywords, here is the info: http://www.dbstalk.c...5&postcount=330 or http://www.dishuser.org/byodvr.php

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Fosterjaka

Fosterjaka

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

IMHO.It might be better to buy from a Dish approved site so warranty and protection plan can cover the receiver once activated. Especially using the receiver in a portable way like this.

#23 OFFLINE   WazzuCougs

WazzuCougs

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

Just wanted to update that I received the receivers on time (despite having to truck around a train derailment). The receivers are brand new, and the only thing that I noticed pertaining to Intellian was a flyer enclosed in the box, which read:

"Congratulations on the purchase of your new Intellian/Dish Network marine satellite TV bundle. You are now ready to activate your new account. It's simple. Just call 866-726-xxxx.... Promo code: Intellian....Your representative will answer all of your questions regarding programming available, incentives and special offers that you are entitled to as an Intellian Preferred Subscriber." The Dish Network logo is at the bottom. I did not call that number, but instead called Dish.

I also got the external hard drive activated, and it works great! (I had read through the thread on the hard drives in this forum, so I believed the 1.5TB drive would work. It says I have 147 hours, 45 minutes of HD and 591 hours of SD recording available.

Fosterjaka, I'm not sure that Boater Barn isn't an authorized dealer for Dish, but your point is well taken. :)

I told DH that I would like to get one of those fancy Tailgaters, and he seems to think we will be just fine with the "portable" setup we already have (an antenna attached to a shortened railroad tie). At least no one is likely to run off with it. lol

#24 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,969 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

2 TB is a limit for 211/411/211k EHD drives.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...