Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Carfellas, a waste of time

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   1953

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

I truly enjoy a wide variety of car show but Carfellas is without a doubt among the worst ever. If you've seen only five minutes I believe you will agree.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 607 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

Haven't seen this one I do not believe. Worst I have seen recently was that stupid Hard Parts South Bronx, couldn't take all the fake BS after 1 episode. IF it is car related I'll at least watch once.

Edit, just looked it up, are these the two "mob" guys that are running a used car lot? That show lasted 2 eps before i gave up on it. Didn't even know it was still on.

Of the new ones I don't mind Fast N loud, still haven't decided if the owner is just a complete a hole or not. At least they show him losing money at times, even though they still don't take all costs like commission, time and labor into account.

#3 OFFLINE   1953

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Haven't seen this one I do not believe. Worst I have seen recently was that stupid Hard Parts South Bronx, couldn't take all the fake BS after 1 episode. IF it is car related I'll at least watch once.

Edit, just looked it up, are these the two "mob" guys that are running a used car lot? That show lasted 2 eps before i gave up on it. Didn't even know it was still on.

Of the new ones I don't mind Fast N loud, still haven't decided if the owner is just a complete a hole or not. At least they show him losing money at times, even though they still don't take all costs like commission, time and labor into account.

Yes, two mob guys and a seemingly level headed office guy. None of the car rebuild & resell car shows add it all costs. If they did they most probably would be in the red.

#4 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,835 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

Thought you were referring to the new show 'Counting Cars'

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#5 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

Thought you were referring to the new show 'Counting Cars'

I was thinking the same thing. I can't wait for this show

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#6 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,050 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

I gave Car Fellas a try too, it's not very good. I do like Fast N Loud, it's a fun twist to the normal restoration show. It's neat to see a quick wash and flip and see the full on resto-mod in the same program.

Looking forward to Counting Cars too.

Just like Galaxie6411 mentioned I will pretty much give any car show a chance at least once.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#7 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

I truly enjoy a wide variety of car show but Carfellas is without a doubt among the worst ever. If you've seen only five minutes I believe you will agree.

You peeked my interest, so I DVR 'em today. But you're right. It's a complete waste of time.

Watched the first, 'Paddy Wagon', gave up in the middle of the second 'Scarlet Mustang'. Deleted the the remaining without watching.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once

#8 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,837 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

Anyone remember King of Cars about Towbin Dodge in Las Vegas?
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#9 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 607 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

Loved that show, actually was obsessed with their ads last time I was in Vegas, been 10 years ago now. Their cheap infomercial was just hilarious to watch early in the morning and it was cool to see a show about them years later. Tons of over hyped BS but I still liked the Kiiiiiiiiiiing of cars.

#10 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

Embrace-em boys.
Click and Clack are retiring this year, these jack asses are all we will had. NPR promise to keep rerunning the car talk series. But it does not help the individual in distress.

Doomsday is fast approaching.

#11 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

So far, Counting Cars is not so hot either.

Just saw a pitch for Texas Car Wars. Guess that will be the next one I'll try.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once

#12 OFFLINE   1953

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:54 AM

So far, Counting Cars is not so hot either.

Just saw a pitch for Texas Car Wars. Guess that will be the next one I'll try.

Oh no!

#13 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

Oh no!

I have taking a liking to Texas Car Wars.

The best was when they brought a Mustang wreck and during the rebuild, they found the body VIN been replaced.

They call the cops and they verified the car was stolen and hauled off the shell.

What the cops were going to do with the shell is beyond me. I doubt the insurance company would be smart enough to sell the shell.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once

#14 OFFLINE   1953

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

I have taking a liking to Texas Car Wars.

The best was when they brought a Mustang wreck and during the rebuild, they found the body VIN been replaced.

They call the cops and they verified the car was stolen and hauled off the shell.

What the cops were going to do with the shell is beyond me. I doubt the insurance company would be smart enough to sell the shell.

I also have troubles about the sale. Here in Texas one of two things happen. The car is crushed or it's stolen and carried to Mexico :-)).

spam firewall