Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

771 errors

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hotscot

Hotscot

Legend

• Registered
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

I've been getting 771 errors for years although I've usually just did a reset to take care of it for a while. I know it's not the receiver itself since, when I do a swap, the problem stays with the location.

I've now replaced all the cables to the Zinwell WB 68. Still happening. Now wondering if it's the LNB.

Question.
1. Should I maybe replace the LNB myself? Cost and difficulty?
2. What cost to get Directv to take care of this sort of thing? It's not clear to me.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Can you go to the Menu screen, go to Sat Settings and tell us what the readings are for the 103ca and 103cb and 99c SATs?

#3 ONLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,449 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:32 AM

I've been getting 771 errors for years although I've usually just did a reset to take care of it for a while. I know it's not the receiver itself since, when I do a swap, the problem stays with the location.

I've now replaced all the cables to the Zinwell WB 68. Still happening. Now wondering if it's the LNB.

Question.
1. Should I maybe replace the LNB myself? Cost and difficulty?
2. What cost to get Directv to take care of this sort of thing? It's not clear to me.

Thanks

If you've got the Protection Plan, it won't cost you a cent. If you don't, you can probably get it done at no charge if you can find the right CSR.

Rich

#4 OFFLINE   Hotscot

Hotscot

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

Update.

1. Readings were in the 70's and 80's

2. Found a good CSR who's sending a tech on Monday at no charge. In return I asked for his Supervisor and told him that the CSR was friendly, knowledgeable, efficient and very helpful. They were grateful for the comments.

#5 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

Update.

1. Readings were in the 70's and 80's

2. Found a good CSR who's sending a tech on Monday at no charge. In return I asked for his Supervisor and told him that the CSR was friendly, knowledgeable, efficient and very helpful. They were grateful for the comments.

Glad you found the source of your problems. And great that you not only had a great CSR that you could let their boss know too.

#6 OFFLINE   JimAtTheRez

JimAtTheRez

Legend

• Registered
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

I am having 771 pop up from time to time (no weather issues).

On 99s, my 17-24 are as follows:
19 33 24 79 92 95 0 0

On 103s, my 1-8 are:
37 88 33 96 0 0 n/a n/a

Almost everything else is 90 or above.

I have no idea what these transponders represent. As always, thanks in advance.

“The problem with quotes from the internet is that you cannot always verify the authenticity.”

---------Abraham Lincoln

#7 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

I am having 771 pop up from time to time (no weather issues).

On 99s, my 17-24 are as follows:
19 33 24 79 92 95 0 0

On 103s, my 1-8 are:
37 88 33 96 0 0 n/a n/a

Almost everything else is 90 or above.

I have no idea what these transponders represent. As always, thanks in advance.

If you look at my post number 2 above, those are the most important sats for HD. The ones you showed are Spotbeams, hence the S. But in each spotbeam you have a 90+ so I suspect the 3 others with c (c=continental) are fine.

Try and keep track of the channels you get 771 on, and when you get them. Specifically time of day.

spam firewall