Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

new subscriber, maybe............

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   flybynyte

flybynyte

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

ok, i just called and talked to csr at Directv. i told her i was looking at bundling my video, internet, and phone. told her i have hdtv for main viewing and would like hddvr and an have analog tv in another room. oh, package i am looking at is the choicextra. she gave me a quote of $95.94 excluding sales tax and the "nickel and dime" phone fees. i asked her a minimum of 3 times if that would be my monthly bill---explained to her all i really want to know is what my total bill would be for the month.

what am i missing here? :grin:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

What Internet is it with?

#3 OFFLINE   flybynyte

flybynyte

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

internet and phone would be with ATT. i'm guessing with sales tax and the phone fees i would be looking at approx $120/mo (i rarely use landline for long distance calls).

just seemed to be a pretty good deal to me.

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,535 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

Make sure if any of that is an introductory offer for a year.

#5 OFFLINE   MattScahum

MattScahum

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

Honestly it will depend on the area. If att is dsl, your discount will show up on your first years bill. If it is uverse, it shows up in year 2. It also depends on what equipment you need as att has charges if you need their equipment. What was the price of the internet and phone they quoted you?
Even though I am an employee, my thoughts/comments/ideas are mine and not affiliated whatsoever with Directv as a company/employer/etc.

~TV Setup~

Panasonic 42PZ80U
Onkyo TXSR606
Xbox 360 250gb Slim
Samsung BDP-1500 Blu Ray
DirecTV HR24-500 HD DVR
Monster Power 1600
Harmony One remote

#6 OFFLINE   flybynyte

flybynyte

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

i asked her all i really want to know is what my monthly bill would be for the bundled services, made sure she understood i was talking all 3---she kept quoting me $94.95 (maybe $95.94, whatever) hate to be cynical, but, seems odd we are paying approx $140/mo with our cable and it would be that much less.

Edited by flybynyte, 11 August 2012 - 09:32 AM.
possible misquote

#7 OFFLINE   n3vino

n3vino

Godfather

• Registered
  • 374 posts
  • LocationLeon Valley(San Antonio), Texas

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

i asked her all i really want to know is what my monthly bill would be for the bundled services, made sure she understood i was talking all 3---she kept quoting me $94.95 (maybe $95.94, whatever) hate to be cynical, but, seems odd we are paying approx $140/mo with our cable and it would be that much less.

That probably includes the new customer discount for DirectTV for the first year. Find out what it will cost after your promos run out.

1 HDR 34

1 HDR 24-500
2 HD 25's
Slimline Dish 3LNB
Whole Home DVR

Epa, Epa, Andale, Andale, Arriba, Arriba, Eeeha

#8 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

If it includes AT&T's DSL, they are probably quoting you on the slowest speed, which is very slow.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...