Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Edit "channels i get"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jobedoggie

jobedoggie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:12 AM

I have my guide set to "channels i get". So when dtv had a free Cinemax weekend some time ago, those channels showed up in my guide...and never went away... Now since we got free encore with the Viacom incident, those channels still show up in my guide as well, even tho I don't subscribe. Is there any way to edit these out? If there is I sure can't find it. I suppose I could set up a custom guide but that seems like a pain with so many channels to add.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,700 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:45 AM

There is no way to edit channels I get.

Most of us create favorites. Not only does it do what you want to do, it also takes channels of no interest out of the guide. I remove shopping and ppv channels. Makes guide viewing more efficient.

Create a favorite. You can choose the channels I get as a starting point then remove the ones you don't want. Not that much work.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#3 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,252 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

The CIG problem has existed for a while. Many many months. I too have the Viacom/Encore issue.

A way to do the custom list a bit faster than check each one is to first select ADD Ch's I Get and then go back and uncheck only those that are in error such as the Viacom/Encore ones.

#4 OFFLINE   Blurayfan

Blurayfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:47 AM

I have my guide set to "channels i get". So when dtv had a free Cinemax weekend some time ago, those channels showed up in my guide...and never went away... Now since we got free encore with the Viacom incident, those channels still show up in my guide as well, even tho I don't subscribe. Is there any way to edit these out? If there is I sure can't find it. I suppose I could set up a custom guide but that seems like a pain with so many channels to add.

Unfortunately no the "Channels I Get" list is not editable. The list is controlled by DirecTV. Creating a custom list is a good way to remove channels you don't receive or you don't care to watch.

Slimlin-5 with SWM16
HR44-700 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 4.0 TB
HR24-500 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 2.0 TB
HR21-700 with DECA adapter for network
Network: Netgear R7000
Internet: Comcast 105/20

#5 OFFLINE   jobedoggie

jobedoggie

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

Thanks guys. I thought I had to add channels one at a time, didn't know I could add CIG and go from there...super-groovy...

#6 OFFLINE   Earguy

Earguy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:45 AM

There is no way to edit channels I get.

Most of us create favorites. Not only does it do what you want to do, it also takes channels of no interest out of the guide. I remove shopping and ppv channels. Makes guide viewing more efficient.

Create a favorite. You can choose the channels I get as a starting point then remove the ones you don't want. Not that much work.

I made two favorites lists: One I call "wide list" which has every channel that may be of any interest to me whatsoever, including all the on-demand channels. On that list I also turn on the standard-def channels in case I lose HD due to rain fade or other technical problems.

The other, I call "common" which only has the channels I watch the most: major networks, ESPN, USA/FX/AMC, HBO/SHO. Makes it easy to browse.

#7 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,700 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

I made two favorites lists: One I call "wide list" which has every channel that may be of any interest to me whatsoever, including all the on-demand channels. On that list I also turn on the standard-def channels in case I lose HD due to rain fade or other technical problems.

The other, I call "common" which only has the channels I watch the most: major networks, ESPN, USA/FX/AMC, HBO/SHO. Makes it easy to browse.

Nice plan. I basically have one that is HD but includes frequently watched SD like Boomerang and BBCA. The other list is everything I get minus PPV, religious channels and shopping. If I want to check out any of those, I just use All Channel guide. I also use the quick tune for the most viewed.

For special events like the Olympics, I use one receiver and make a special list.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

Protected By... spam firewall...And...