Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Considering HR34 but have questions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MattN03

MattN03

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

Currently, I have a single Dish 625 DVR. I can pause/rewind live TV on the two TV's it's connected too. I'm considering switching to DTV and I'm trying to understand how the HR34 will work. If I get the HR34 and then get the free
HD Receiver's they offer on the other TV's, can I pause/rewind live TV on them too or will I have to have a HD DVR on all TV's? Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

Currently, I have a single Dish 625 DVR. I can pause/rewind live TV on the two TV's it's connected too. I'm considering switching to DTV and I'm trying to understand how the HR34 will work. If I get the HR34 and then get the free
HD Receiver's they offer on the other TV's, can I pause/rewind live TV on them too or will I have to have a HD DVR on all TV's? Thanks.

You will not be able to pause/rewind/ffwd live TV on the networked receivers, only on the main DVR. You will be able to pause/rewind/ffwd recorded shows though.

#3 OFFLINE   MattN03

MattN03

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

You will not be able to pause/rewind/ffwd live TV on the networked receivers, only on the main DVR. You will be able to pause/rewind/ffwd recorded shows though.

I guess I'm better off just getting two HD DVR's if I'm only using two TV's? Also, if I get the two HD DVR's, can I see what is recorded on the other DVR from the other DVR & vice versa or would I need to get the HR34 & network a HD DVR to do this?

Edited by MattN03, 12 August 2012 - 08:11 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

I guess I'm better off just getting two HD DVR's if I'm only using two TV's?

Or you can wait a bit until the RVU clients come out for the HR34. If you get those, instead of the HD Receiver, you will be able to pause, rewind, etc, live tv.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,892 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

Just keep in mind, when using an RVU client for live TV, it does use a tuner on the 34.

#6 OFFLINE   Freakyshiat

Freakyshiat

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

I guess I'm better off just getting two HD DVR's if I'm only using two TV's? Also, if I get the two HD DVR's, can I see what is recorded on the other DVR from the other DVR & vice versa or would I need to get the HR34 & network a HD DVR to do this?

Yes you can with two HD DVRs

#7 OFFLINE   rsblaski

rsblaski

Icon

• Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

Yes you can with two HD DVRs

IF you get the Whole Home DVR option.
If your are interested in that, make sure you tell the customer service rep when ordering.
Remember, when it comes to audio/video, more is always better. (This does NOT apply to remote controls!)

#8 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

IF you get the Whole Home DVR option.
If your are interested in that, make sure you tell the customer service rep when ordering.

This is automatic with new customers who order a HD DVR and a second HD or HD DVR.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#9 OFFLINE   _Dan_

_Dan_

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

I recently had DirecTV upgrade my system to an HR34, Whole Home DVR, and an additional receiver. I did not specify what receiver I wanted as the 2nd. They installed an HR24.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...