Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD Tivo- Pre orders now being taken $899 March 16-26 ship date?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Registered
  • 924 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 10:53 AM

Here is the link to the main thread. The link to the online dealer is half way down.

If you put down $100 you get $100 of so that makes it $899.

$100 less than the 921.

I would wait if you are a new customer. I predict the new customer price with a One year contract will be $799.

Also you never know what price Best Buy and Circute City will sell it for.

The thread also says that Goodguys is also matching this price of $899 WITH depost. The online Good guys is not matching this yet, its only in store right now.

Goodguys claims a ship date of March 16th.

http://www.tivocommu...threadid=154286

Myself, I still have not decided between the 921 and the HD Tivo. Still gathering all the facts so I can make an informed choice.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Robert Zohn

Robert Zohn

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 01:50 PM

GG requires a $500.00 advance deposit.

New DIRECTV subscribers who want the new HD-DVR250 already have several deep discount options available.
Advanced Digital Technology Business

#3 OFFLINE   baloo75

baloo75

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 07:13 PM

GG requires a $500.00 advance deposit.

New DIRECTV subscribers who want the new HD-DVR250 already have several deep discount options available.

Robert, what deep discounts are you referring to?

I know there are deep discounts for SD receiver/dish packages however I haven't seen any discounts on the HD-DVR250 for new subscribers. I guess you might be saying get one of the low cost options today as a new customer then get an HD-DVR250 later as an existing customer you would be ahead. I am in this boat, I am going to change from E* to D* but I am currently waiting to see what the discounts are for new customers on the HD-DVR250's when they come out. With E* giving $200 off for 921's for new customers I would think D* would match that. If so I think I would be ahead by waiting.

#4 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 924 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 01:04 PM

Good Guys stores are saying they will have the HD Tivo March 16th. Vaule Electronics the online guys say Martch 25.

I bet Direct TV has them March 10th so they can sign up new customers away from Dish at $799.

Cant wait. We will have to call Direct TV and ask for a Sr. CSR in March. Call them every week saying I will switch IF. . .

#5 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 01:37 PM

I got in on Value Electronics last night around 8:05PM Eastern. I can't wait!! I wonder what number I am in line.

#6 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 07:26 AM

bump

#7 OFFLINE   rgreenpc

rgreenpc

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 08:47 AM

I ordered mine from Wendy Zohn ( co-owner) about a week ago she was very helpful and even helped get me some HD boxes in the interim - that I will give to my mother when her subscription to dish runs out.

#8 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 09:11 PM

Wow what a blast from the past my post is! We are almost there now! WOOHOO!

#9 OFFLINE   openhouse

openhouse

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 06:20 PM

Wow what a blast from the past my post is! We are almost there now! WOOHOO!

Are they really coming out this month ?

#10 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 06:38 PM

Well I would really shoot for the beginning of April to be realistic.

#11 OFFLINE   topom

topom

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 07:31 PM

Well I would really shoot for the beginning of April to be realistic.

A little birdy (inside the manufacturing facility) told me it would be May before these were released.

:cool:

#12 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 10:14 PM

:flaiming

A little birdy (inside the manufacturing facility) told me it would be May before these were released.

:cool:

#13 OFFLINE   jpoklop

jpoklop

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 08:32 AM

The ValueElectronics website now has this banner...

"If you order by March 18, 2004 you will be shipped no later than the 1st week of May '04"

Hopefully earlier pre-orders will not have to wait that long.

#14 OFFLINE   Vetman

Vetman

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 04:56 PM

I'm on waiting list ( aprox. #300) w/ $100 down.
Ihave to move soon & have NO line of sight at the new place.
Anyone interested in buying me out since ValueElectronics won't refund my deposit?
Email me @ Mahnke45@msn.com

#15 OFFLINE   jeffcarp

jeffcarp

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 08:52 AM

As an existing DTV customer who will be upgrading to the HD TIVO from Value Electronics, what is "a signed activation agreement?"

To me, that sounds like what you sign as a new customer to agree to a certain term of programming.

Can someone explain? Thank you!

#16 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 08:55 AM

I believe with adding any new receiver Directv requires you to signup for another 12 month commitment.

As an existing DTV customer who will be upgrading to the HD TIVO from Value Electronics, what is "a signed activation agreement?"

To me, that sounds like what you sign as a new customer to agree to a certain term of programming.

Can someone explain? Thank you!

#17 OFFLINE   RickD2003

RickD2003

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 10:23 AM

I believe with adding any new receiver Directv requires you to signup for another 12 month commitment.

:mad: :eek2: :mad:

Is it me, or is this just a B/S requirement. Odds are that if Im buying a high end receiver, Ill be sticking around for the long run. Having D* REQUIRE that I sign for an additional year is ridiculous. Im already paying over $100 a month for service, not counting the HD stuff (which Ill get once my receiver comes in) and since Ive just signed with D* less than 3 months ago, I think it is stupid of them to require this.

Does anyone else have a problem with this?

--Rick

#18 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 05:31 PM

:mad: :eek2: :mad:

Is it me, or is this just a B/S requirement. Odds are that if Im buying a high end receiver, Ill be sticking around for the long run. Having D* REQUIRE that I sign for an additional year is ridiculous. Im already paying over $100 a month for service, not counting the HD stuff (which Ill get once my receiver comes in) and since Ive just signed with D* less than 3 months ago, I think it is stupid of them to require this.

Does anyone else have a problem with this?

--Rick

Nope I would have no problem with that whatsoever.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#19 OFFLINE   Foxbat

Foxbat

Legend

• Registered
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 05:33 PM

Too bad DirecTV doesn't give you a discount for paying for the year upfront. That would take some of the sting out of it.

#20 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 05:38 PM

You don't have to pay for a year up front its just that you have to commit to another year of programming. There must be a penalty if you cancel before, not sure what though.

Too bad DirecTV doesn't give you a discount for paying for the year upfront. That would take some of the sting out of it.

spam firewall