Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD Tivo- Pre orders now being taken $899 March 16-26 ship date?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   openhouse

openhouse

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 06:10 PM

Too bad DirecTV doesn't give you a discount for paying for the year upfront. That would take some of the sting out of it.

Guys my Cousin Pays for programming for whole year upfront and he gets all of the payperview channels Movies for free.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 06:12 PM

Huh? He gets the PPV's? Not that I don't believe you but that just doesn't sound right.

#23 OFFLINE   openhouse

openhouse

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 08:03 PM

Yes he gets all of the PPV's everytime,

He can just tune to the channels and its on allready without pressing the buy button.

#24 OFFLINE   timf

timf

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 11:39 AM

That's what you call having an illegal access card. It is highly frowned upon. JUST PAY FOR SERVICE!

#25 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 11:52 AM

Yeah, not to cast aspersions on someone, but are you sure that when he pays in advance, he pays DirecTv... or does he pay the guy who programs his card. ;)

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#26 OFFLINE   openhouse

openhouse

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 12:08 PM

Yes he pay his bills to DIRECTV.

and he doesn't have an hacked card.

#27 OFFLINE   cnsf

cnsf

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 04:00 PM

Sounds fishy.

Has someone called D* to confirm?
Choice Xtra Plus HD DVR and NY DMA Locals, (1) HDVR2 Series II DirecTivo (upgraded to 160GB), (1) HR20-700, (1) HR23-700

Windows Home Server, 2 TB storage, Gigabit LAN

#28 OFFLINE   RickD2003

RickD2003

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 10:10 PM

Guys my Cousin Pays for programming for whole year upfront and he gets all of the payperview channels Movies for free.

Thats odd... I asked the DirecTV rep to pay up front and he told me they couldnt do it. If I could have gotten PPV for free, I definitely would have taken the steps needed to do this.

#29 OFFLINE   openhouse

openhouse

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:56 AM

Thats odd... I asked the DirecTV rep to pay up front and he told me they couldnt do it. If I could have gotten PPV for free, I definitely would have taken the steps needed to do this.

I haven't asked him lately if he still get free PPV's
but the last time he had PPV's were 6 years ago, and i haven't asked him since. so maybe they quit offering Free PPV's

#30 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,181 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 12:19 PM

Guys, be careful where this conversation goes.

#31 OFFLINE   cnsf

cnsf

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 12:26 PM

I know of no offer where D* would give free PPVs...hence, negating the inherent meaning of the acronym.

Sounds like it was pirated. Bad form.
Choice Xtra Plus HD DVR and NY DMA Locals, (1) HDVR2 Series II DirecTivo (upgraded to 160GB), (1) HR20-700, (1) HR23-700

Windows Home Server, 2 TB storage, Gigabit LAN

#32 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 12:37 PM

Maybe Directv did something like that in its infancy. 6 years ago would of been around 98 when they were only 2-3 years old. If he still has that deal today then something is really up.

#33 OFFLINE   DJSix

DJSix

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 10:16 PM

Cant wait. We will have to call Direct TV and ask for a Sr. CSR in March. Call them every week saying I will switch IF. . .

Already did, and according to the CSR, the HD-Tivo is being released sometime summer <sigh>. :crying_sa:

#34 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 10:21 PM

Don't worry I have heard multiple sources that they begin shipping March 31st.

Already did, and according to the CSR, the HD-Tivo is being released sometime summer <sigh>. :crying_sa:

#35 OFFLINE   DJSix

DJSix

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 03:55 PM

Don't worry I have heard multiple sources that they begin shipping March 31st.

I REALLY hope your sources are right. It's not so much that I want to buy the HD-Tivo right away, it's the fact on the gamble that when it is released, it'll drive the prices of the standard Tivos down in price. I've been eyeing the Samsung model for quite a while :).

Yes, I do know about "hacking" and just adding a bigger hard drive. I do have faith in my computer skills, just don't feel like voiding the warranty :).

Electronic "toys" are an expensive habit....

#36 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 05:02 PM

Well I am not going to stake my reputation on it but this week should be interesting. Value Electronics is supposed to get the majority of the units produced and they are supposed to get them Wednesday.

#37 OFFLINE   jpoklop

jpoklop

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 06:02 PM

I certainly hope so. It would be nice to get set up for the NCAA championship game and the Masters.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...