Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Phone Line Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Contra

Contra

Mentor

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

So my old HR21 died and they sent me a new HR21 (not sure why i didn't get an HR24 but oh well).

Anyway, I hooked it up and it works fine except for one thing. When I plug the phone line into the back of the box i am no longer able to use the phone in my house, it has effectively been hijacked. I left it this way for a few hours to see if it just needed to download something but no, still won't work.

I unplugged the phone line from the back of the box and my phone now works fine -- but of course I can no longer get Caller ID on the TV, etc.

This didn't happen with my old HR21.

Any thoughts on what i can do to fix this -- or what I may have done wrong on the install?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,644 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

Seems fairly straight forward: this receiver has a defective phone jack and needs to be replaced.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   trpph

trpph

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

He doesn't need a phone line connection anyway, does he? I have a HR24 and HR21 and have never hooked up a phone line.

#4 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,644 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

He doesn't need a phone line connection anyway, does he? I have a HR24 and HR21 and have never hooked up a phone line.

If he wants to use caller ID he does.
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall