Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Upgrading from 722+211 to Hopper/Joey

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ChAoTiCpInOy

ChAoTiCpInOy

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

I've been thinking about upgrading from my current setup of a 722 and a 211 to a Hopper and 2 Joeys (I have 3 HDTVs). I see that there are these awesome promos for new customers to get a free Hopper and then when I call they offer me $100 with $95 technician fee.

I'm fine with the extra $11 a month that I'd pay for the Hopper and the extra receiver. That isn't a problem, but why don't they do anything for their current customers?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

PM a DIRT member to see if they can get you a better deal.

#3 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

Please PM your account number to me so I can review the options available to you. Also, please include your 4 digit PIN number on your account so I can provide the most accurate information to you. Please let me know. Thanks.

I've been thinking about upgrading from my current setup of a 722 and a 211 to a Hopper and 2 Joeys (I have 3 HDTVs). I see that there are these awesome promos for new customers to get a free Hopper and then when I call they offer me $100 with $95 technician fee.

I'm fine with the extra $11 a month that I'd pay for the Hopper and the extra receiver. That isn't a problem, but why don't they do anything for their current customers?

#4 OFFLINE   manny07

manny07

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

Good Luck. I've called and PM'd a DIRT member and they didn't do anything for me. They want to charge their loyal and long term customers alot of money to replace their receivers with the Hopper. It doesnt make sense when you offer it for free to new customers. Oh well... Directv here we come.

#5 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

Good Luck. I've called and PM'd a DIRT member and they didn't do anything for me. They want to charge their loyal and long term customers alot of money to replace their receivers with the Hopper. It doesnt make sense when you offer it for free to new customers. Oh well... Directv here we come.

And with that attitude, you're not seeming all that 'loyal'.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#6 OFFLINE   manny07

manny07

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

blah, blah, blah. We have a Dish apologist in the house...

#7 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Are we gonna have to call the mods in here?

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#8 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

Your last resort would be to call DISH and ask to transferred to their Loyalty Department.

If their offer is not good enough then your next option is you could go with cable for 3 months,then I have heard you would get the better deals after you are not a subscriber to DISH for 3 months.

Or you can sign a 24 month commitment with DirecTV.I understand the need to save money,I have done it once myself,so no matter what you decide to do I wish you the best,Good Luck!:)

#9 OFFLINE   ChAoTiCpInOy

ChAoTiCpInOy

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

Sent a PM to Ray, but haven't gotten a response yet.

Have you guys gone the loyalty department route and got a better deal than you were told first?

#10 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,595 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

A polite moderator warning to others to keep things civil, don't attack each other, and no unnecessary off-topic posts just because you're in a bad mood.

Thanks!

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#11 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

Sent a PM to Ray, but haven't gotten a response yet.

Have you guys gone the loyalty department route and got a better deal than you were told first?

I have ,but that was when I wanted to upgrade to a 722k/wMT2 a few years back and they treated me right.

If Loyalty Department can't help you then you will need to change providers like I described in my previous post.Good Luck!:)

#12 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,595 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:21 AM

To be fair too... the "Loyalty Department" isn't just for people threatening Dish to try and get a better deal by saying you want to leave.

Generally speaking, the "Loyalty Department" has a little more leeway with accounts so they also handle special requests that the normal front-line CSRs can't setup. Unique configurations and such sometimes can be handled by them much easier.

So... don't feel like you have to threaten to get a deal... sometimes asking politely will get you better treatment too.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#13 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

Being nice In general to any csr loyalty or not is the smart option. Everything a loyalty agent can do a front line csr can do with approval. The difference between the too is how far one can go before double checking with a supervisor.. and even then most supervisors just leave it up to the CSR's discretion so that there not hassled.

The biggest difference is the loyalty agent has a save rate stat to maintain. The front line doesn't care if you cancel or not its not there check on the line.

That said @ that one guy who got no deals. Its a known fact that good and loyal customers get deals. If you got offered nothing then you weren't as loyal or good as you claim. Heck even most decent front line csrs can give you an idea of what to expect from the loyalty agent lol..

#14 OFFLINE   knealy

knealy

Legend

• Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

I have a 922, and it takes about 20 clicks to turn on closed captioning, and another 20 to turn it off. Does anyone know if the Hopper remote has a CC button on it? Do any receivers simplify this process?

#15 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,855 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

No such button, but you posted in wrong thread and not in best forum for your question . :(

#16 OFFLINE   knealy

knealy

Legend

• Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

No such button, but you posted in wrong thread and not in best forum for your question . :(

Yeah, I suspected as much, but I hoped to reach those who had the Hopper. Do you know where I should have posted it?

#17 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,855 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

There is specialized forum - XiP813/Hopper

Protected By... spam firewall...And...