Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV for Android App v2.2.3 Issues & Discussion

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   5wahzoo

5wahzoo

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

great input, will continue to stay tuned. I have the HTC Inspire, soon to upgrade. Thinking of the Galaxy Note II any one using this phone with this ap?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   kimboviper

kimboviper

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

thank god directv app works on my nexus 7 for live tv now!!!

#23 OFFLINE   sdirv

sdirv

Icon

• Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

Works fine on my Razr M with ICS, doesn't show content (other than trailers) on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with ICS.

just spent almost a week in the hospital, worked great on my tablet....kicked the ass of the hospital's cable

#24 OFFLINE   Strog

Strog

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

thank god directv app works on my nexus 7 for live tv now!!!

Do you see an option to watch on demand moveis on your Nexus 7? I see it on the iPad, it would be nice to have it on Android as well.

#25 OFFLINE   gregchak

gregchak

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Are we Android users ever going to get an app more like iOS?

+1

#26 OFFLINE   synpse

synpse

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

I LOVE the new Android App. The option to Watch LIVE TV while on home/wifi network is awesome! The stream comes from the internet, and not my receiver.. as my HR-24 network cable was unplugged when I was watching a hockey game Sunday.

NHL Network worked on my phone, while it was blacked out due to being on another channel, on my home HR-24 receiver !!! Awesome!!

:)

Finally, some satisfaction from DirecTV.

#27 OFFLINE   stususs

stususs

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

I will be traveling overseas in the spring. Will the watch live tv portion of my DirecTV android app work while I am in Europe. Will I be able to watch the MLB network or the NBC Sports Channel if I have a wifi connection while in Europe?

And, in related, off-topic questions:
1. Does the Sirius/XM android app work overseas so that I will be able to listen to live baseball games?
2. Does an over the air radio app live TuneIn Radio permit me to listen to American over the air radio feeds while I am overseas?

#28 OFFLINE   Bluegrassman

Bluegrassman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

Not sure if this is the right place, but don't see another..
Would love to have remote control features included in the DirecTV official app like some cable competitors have. For now, having to use 2 different apps. The official app for setting recordings/streaming, and another 3rd party app to enable remote control features on my phone. This is an unbelievably handy feature!

Choice XTRA Classic / Whole-Home DVR
Connected Home
HR24-100 / HR24-200 / HR22-100
Slimline SL5 W/ SWM ODU

#29 OFFLINE   Golfman

Golfman

Icon

• Registered
  • 921 posts
  • LocationReston, VA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

I dont know if this is the right thread but it was the closest one I could find.

I went to the Google App Store to get the latest version of DirecTv Android App for Tablets and downloaded what was presented, ver 1.1.3 to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. The date on it is 3/7/13.

I've been playing with it for well over a week and cannot get streaming to work. Keep getting technical issues error 5101 although I can stream trailers with no problems.

Called d* tech support and got what I considered to be the run around. Was told there were connection issues and d* was working on them and I should keep trying. Checked the discussion threads on d* web site and found that this problem has been around for a while.

So:

What is the most current ver of the Android app for tablets? Is it 1.1.3 or 2.2.3? If its 2.2.3, how do I get it into my device?

Does the most current ver stream with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1?

Any info or help will be appreciated.

HR34-700, AM21, Samsung PN64E550 OnkyoTX-NR515 receiver 5.1 surround FIOS 50/25 high speed Internet
HR21-100,Fantom 2TB eSATA Toshiba 32AFX62, SWM, DECA, Whole Home
AT9-5LNB

#30 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

I dont know if this is the right thread but it was the closest one I could find.

I went to the Google App Store to get the latest version of DirecTv Android App for Tablets and downloaded what was presented, ver 1.1.3 to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. The date on it is 3/7/13.

I've been playing with it for well over a week and cannot get streaming to work. Keep getting technical issues error 5101 although I can stream trailers with no problems.

Called d* tech support and got what I considered to be the run around. Was told there were connection issues and d* was working on them and I should keep trying. Checked the discussion threads on d* web site and found that this problem has been around for a while.

So:

What is the most current ver of the Android app for tablets? Is it 1.1.3 or 2.2.3? If its 2.2.3, how do I get it into my device?

Does the most current ver stream with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1?

Any info or help will be appreciated.

This isn't the tablet app you are searching for. This is for phones. You found it in the other thread.
Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#31 OFFLINE   Sammycomelately

Sammycomelately

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

Yes, I have a new HR44, so I am looking at using the Directv Android 3.0 app more.  They just updated this to 3.0 recently, I realize the thread title is for 2.x but I didn't see a new 3.0 problem thread yet.  I did not spend time with the 2.x version becasue I had no home DVR receivers before.

Problem, while at  home, I click the 3 bar menu and near the bottom it says "Out of Home" and under that "Receiver: No Receiver".  If I click Receiver:No Receiver I get "Receiver Error  We are unable to retreive your receivers.  OK"   In the background really dim is the statement " Heres a list of your receivers.  Only receivers that are HR24 or higher and connected to your home WiFi network can be controlled by by your device.  Receivers listed in grey were not found on your home network.  If any receiver in grey is in fact connected, you can manually enter its ip address by tapping the receiver. ..." the rest of the message is covered up by the "Receiver Error We are unable..." pop up and when OK is pressed you are sent back home.

Does this actually work for anyone else?

I have tried the phone app on two devices, with the same behaviour.  The HR44 shows a valid home IP number and seems to receive schedule requests entered while away from home so its internet is working.  The Android devices are connected to the home WiFi and can browse the internet through wifi while at home.  I have only one WiFi network it is a very simple network setup.  I tried erasing the application cache and data, uninstalling the Directv phone app and reinstalling but it still doesn't list my receivers?

Any other ideas to try?

The Tablet app1.2.3  is on the one of the same (N7 2012) devices above, and it lists my HR44 name in its Receiver Control.  It's Remote Control feature works when I am inside the home network.

Its like the Phone app is not reading all of my account to find the name of the receiver?

#32 OFFLINE   Sammycomelately

Sammycomelately

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

The Tablet app1.2.3 is on the one of the same (N7 2012) devices above, and it lists my HR44 name in its Receiver Control. It's Remote Control feature works when I am inside the home network. Its like the Phone app is not reading all of my account to find the name of the receiver?

I tried the 3.0 client on a 3rd Android device, a non rooted stock S4. Same behavior.

A new item I noticed is that I can schedule a show to record, and it knows about my recorder and name in that area of the program?

Edited by Sammycomelately, 30 August 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#33 OFFLINE   dlleno

dlleno

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Anyone have problems with the app crashing? Mine loads and finds all dvrs but won't go any further. It just crashes the app. Galaxy s3. Btw, geniego works with a pc.

#34 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 297 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

I have a Galaxy S3, DirecTV App version 3.0.0 and my phone also does not see my receivers when I am at home on my home network.  I have an HR44, and HR24, and an HR22.  I'm pretty sure the app saw my receivers when the HR44 was installed about 3 weeks ago, but not anymore. 

My GenieGo app works on my phone -  it sees all of the DVRs and I am able to prepare and download shows to my GS3.  We also have an iPad 2 (still on iOS 6) that has both apps and works flawlessly on the home network. 

Is this a known issue with 3.0.0 Android app??

DirecTV Customer Since 1997

#35 OFFLINE   dlleno

dlleno

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

I have to inject here that it was my phones problem. I did a factory reset and now geniego works. :-)

#36 OFFLINE   gully_foyle

gully_foyle

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

I actually have no use for streaming video on my phone.  But I do use the phone's DirecTV app for program scheduling from time to time and somewhere in the last few updates this has become nearly unusable.

For example:

The channel list has no index, you have to scroill through all 1000 channels every time ("menu" takes you to the top menu).

After searching for a program, I often get no useful description fo the program content.  Was searching for the Dodger game, and I got two listings at different times with the same title (or at least that part of the title that was onscreen).  I would guess that one of them was the pre-game and one was the game, given the times, but no duration or content info was shown.

This on a Samsung S4, which should be able to display more.

The app seems designed solely for folks who want to vlew PPV on their phone, but the utilty for other purposes just isn't there anymore.

Edited by gully_foyle, 11 October 2013 - 06:49 PM.

DirecTV since 1994 // 2014Q2 Setup here

#37 OFFLINE   dlleno

dlleno

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

+1 on that. It reads too high on the bait and swith meter...

#38 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,614 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

The app seems designed solely for folks who want to vlew PPV on their phone, but the utilty for other purposes just isn't there anymore.

Actually....the best adaptation of GenieGo is on a tablet - simply a more viewable screen size for recordings. PPV has little to do with it....any recordings can be taken along with you to view when/where you want - without any Internet dependence - unless streaming is your desire.

DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#39 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,193 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

I don't thing GG transcodes OTA, VODs, PPVs at the current time.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#40 OFFLINE   thebigeazy

thebigeazy

Cool Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSouth Louisiana

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

I turned on my ASUS Android tablet this morning and the DIRECTV app updated to version 3.2.004.  

It now has a built-in remote control, when connected to the receiver.  Page 2 of the app is a small remote control, which offers everything your DTV remote does.   It also shows your "Playlist" and other items on the receiver.  The menu still shows "ON Phone" and not "On Tablet" but it still plays great.

The response on the tablet is good.  The only problem I have is learn-as-you-go, no instructions as I could find.

spam firewall