Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Directv and northwest broadcasting fighting again.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Breaking the mold

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

However, the HD feed of KFFX is still on Directv at this time, but the SD feed was taken down.
http://www.directvpr...oadcast-update/
then here is the message from the stations affected.
http://wicz.com/directv/fox11/

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

Here's the message on Fox 40's website.
http://www.wicz.com/directv/
We never had the SD feed here.

I can get WICZ via OTA and record that with the AM21.
I also have DNS for Fox.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

Well, at least they dropped it from 600% to 300%.... :D :D (which is what it was last year).
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#4 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

Perhaps Brian Brady of Northwest Broadcasting can explain to me how Directv is unfair and bullying these poor local stations, when Directv is paying for a product that the local stations are giving away for FREE.

Man, I hate carriage disputes.

#5 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

Perhaps Brian Brady of Northwest Broadcasting can explain to me how Directv is unfair and bullying these poor local stations, when Directv is paying for a product that the local stations are giving away for FREE.

Man, I hate carriage disputes.

He also makes it sound as if DirecTV is the only provider that ever has carriage disputes. :nono: Wait until their contract with Dish comes up for renewal :lol:

#6 OFFLINE   Michael H..

Michael H..

Legend

• Unregistered / Not Logged In
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

Curious...
Coincidental with the carriage dispute, the DirecTV Local/DNS Eligibility site, shows Hermiston OR/Yakima WA/Tri-Cities WA DirecTV subscribers eligible for FOX DNS.
Has anyone, within/out OTA range, in DMA126 gone ahead and gotten 399 FOXwHD DNS turned on because of the dispute?

This would provide network programming, and because 11 FOX KTTV does not even produce their own local news broadcast, subscribers with 399 would receive essentially all of the programming they would receive with 11... the major difference would be NFL regional broadcasts, SF 49ers/OAK Raiders/SD Chargers games instead of SEA Seahawks for example. (11 FOX outsources with 23/25 NBC locally [NBC which is LIL on DirecTV] to produce local news broadcasts on their behalf... same NBC reporters/facilities/clips and then turns around and rebroadcasts those in SD on 11 FOX). IOW, just tune to 23/25 NBC and receive the identical broadcast you would get on 11 FOX... except it would be in HD.

For this, NorthWest Broadcasting feels they are entitled to... how much?

My opinion? DirecTV should withdraw their offer, and proceed with providing 399 FOXwHD to all DMA 126 subscribers in its place.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...