Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Shows can't be moved from Hopper to EHD

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,223 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:47 AM

Ok, this is really odd.

I have 42 "episodes" of Olympic coverage that I want to put on my 2TB EHD (my internal drive is 91% full).

When I'm in "My recordings", I see the London 2012 thumbnail just fine. I can see the list of shows and play them.

When I go through the menus to move them, everything appears in the list of 'folders' *except* the Olympics!

Has anyone else had this peculiar behavior? (Or, since it's about London, 'behaviour'?)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:52 AM

Are these from PTAT, I believe you have to save them to your dvr recordings and wait until they are deleted from PTAT before you can move them to the EHD. If they aren't PTAT, I'm not sure what it could be.

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,985 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

Are these from PTAT, I believe you have to save them to your dvr recordings and wait until they are deleted from PTAT before you can move them to the EHD. If they aren't PTAT, I'm not sure what it could be.

Sounds as unnecessary requirement - did you try copy before the moment ?

#4 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 541 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

garys is right. PTAT saved recordings are not available to move until the 8 days goes by and they become an actual part of "My Recordings" regardless of the icons you see. If you want them sooner they would have to be created as a regular timer AND unskipped to have them created outside of PTAT. The Hopper defaults to the PTAT recording unless you unskip that regular timer.

Just the way it works.

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,985 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

OK, let me dig into this ...

#6 OFFLINE   Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

Sounds as unnecessary requirement - did you try copy before the moment ?

:confused:
Team Mexico Pork Cloud

#7 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,223 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Ok, the Olympics were a combination of PTAT recordings and other timers to catch the stuff on MSNBC and NBCSports.

I'm guessing this means I won't be able to move the recordings until next Monday or so since the Closing Ceremonies (Sunday night) were the last things recorded.

That's one complaint I have - I can only move a whole folder of shows - I can't select which ones I want to copy like I could on my 621. That way, if I had 10 episodes of one show and watched 5 I could 'archive' those 5 and leave the other 5 on the internal drive.

It's a minor complaint at the moment - not a dealbreaker but I *would* put that on my '
wishlist' for future features.

#8 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

DVR listing > green button > No Folders
You can then select individual episodes to move to the EHD.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#9 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,223 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

1) I did the "No folders" thing and got only a few dozen of my 350+ recordings listed.

2) Yesterday I tested the earlier proposed theory - that PTAT episodes were keeping me from seeing the Olympics on the list to be moved now that it was more than 8 days out. Sure enough, the Olympics were on the list and I went from 93% full to 59% full after a long period of migration.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...