Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

TVersity no longer supports DirecTV boxes

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

http://forums.tversi...hp?f=31&t=72311

"DirecTV devices are no longer supported. We would like to restore support for those STBs but it is ultimately up to DirecTV not us, so please discuss it with them."

Seems that the combination of DirecTV changes and TVersity changes have made the two incompatible. I do find it odd that 1.8 still works with DirecTV but TVerstiy v 2.2 does not.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,111 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

That doesn't seem all that surprising, as there have been rumors that the TVApps and other functionality is still evolving to newer things.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#3 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

As long as I can continue using 1.8 and stream Sirius through the box, I am good.

#4 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 721 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

Great...Just upgraded to 2.2 like three weeks ago and paid the fee for "basic" when it used to be free.

My HR2x's still show up on status devices running XP SP3. Guess I will try it to find out the bad news for myself.

C'mon DirecTV...first the Radar App, now TVersity? As Lombardi says....What in the he!! is going on around here?!

#5 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

Great...Just upgraded to 2.2 like three weeks ago and paid the fee for "basic" when it used to be free.

My HR2x's still show up on status devices running XP SP3. Guess I will try it to find out the bad news for myself.

C'mon DirecTV...first the Radar App, now TVersity? As Lombardi says....What in the he!! is going on around here?!

DIRECTV is making changes based on their business model. Third party applications can't always be supported. It's been reported that the TV Apps is undergoing an evolution so to speak so stay tuned on that.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

http://forums.tversi...hp?f=31&t=72311

"DirecTV devices are no longer supported. We would like to restore support for those STBs but it is ultimately up to DirecTV not us, so please discuss it with them."

Seems that the combination of DirecTV changes and TVersity changes have made the two incompatible. I do find it odd that 1.8 still works with DirecTV but TVerstiy v 2.2 does not.

Your last point of "1.8 still works with DirecTV but TVerstiy v 2.2 does not" seems more to point at the software rather then Directv, if a older version workds but the updated version does not it really seems to point at the simple fact that the programmers did something, if directv did something then even the 1.8 version would not function.:confused:

#7 OFFLINE   smitbret

smitbret

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

Your last point of "1.8 still works with DirecTV but TVerstiy v 2.2 does not" seems more to point at the software rather then Directv, if a older version workds but the updated version does not it really seems to point at the simple fact that the programmers did something, if directv did something then even the 1.8 version would not function.:confused:

Tversity v2.xxx hasn't worked with media share for quite some time. Older versions still do. Check this link from the DirecTV technical forums:

http://forums.direct...rtalPageId=1002

Incidentally, the poster in that forum is incorrect and Tversity v1.7 will work with Media Share, too.

#8 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

Tversity v2.xxx hasn't worked with media share for quite some time. Older versions still do. Check this link from the DirecTV technical forums:

http://forums.direct...rtalPageId=1002

Incidentally, the poster in that forum is incorrect and Tversity v1.7 will work with Media Share, too.

still points at something the programmers did through, if it was something that directv did then none of the version would work

#9 OFFLINE   allenn

allenn

Icon

• Registered
  • 702 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

Tversity v1.8 works great with Hr24-100s and Media Share Beta. Been using it for the last two years.

PrimeStar/DIRECTV subscriber since 10/30/1994.
Roswell, GA (Atlanta Area)
2 D* HR24-100s and AM21s
MRV - D* SWiM LNB, PI-21 module, and Wireless DECA Cinema Connection Kit (CCK-W)
Linksys WRT310N

#10 OFFLINE   RealGomer

RealGomer

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

I have TVersity 1.7.4.1, DirecTV HR24/100 & Cinema Connect Media Deck. My videos are on a Seagate GoFlex 3TB NAS. The only movies I can get to play at some AVI files. Do I need a particular file format to get my movies to play or am I SOL?

#11 OFFLINE   scottmck66

scottmck66

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

I converted mine to mpeg2 with frame rate of 29.97 and they play without fail. Through trial and error i found this is the highest quality that mediashare will play without issues. i used a program called AVC (any video converter). Keep in mind though that this does degrade the quality of the files. In my case I kept both the original and the mpeg2 and used those specifically for media share.

#12 OFFLINE   shmengie

shmengie

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

I know y'all are talking about video, but I've got an HR22-100 and Tversity 2.4. I use TVersity only to stream audio from my PC. That part of it still works, and always has. Just an FYI.

#13 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,550 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

I know y'all are talking about video, but I've got an HR22-100 and Tversity 2.4. I use TVersity only to stream audio from my PC. That part of it still works, and always has. Just an FYI.

That's exactly what I do as well.  I just want access to the music stored on my PC.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#14 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Why not try Serviio media server instead of TVersity, it plays on any format you throw at it, When i tried Tversity Pro older version it only play certain videos but pictures and music played well, The only thing I don't like about Serviio is that it degrades your pictures but everything else plays fine.

Edited by acostapimps, 29 April 2013 - 04:09 PM.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...