Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Channel 212 Blaze TV ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 900 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

I respect your opinions and beliefs, but for me I see Mr.Beck in a different light....and I did watch his Fox show at 2pm PST. Now I watch Wolf and sometimes the Five... which is GB light.
Say what you want about Beck's politics, but he can be really funny.

Edited by 356B, 31 August 2012 - 09:13 PM.
I'm a terrible proofer

Thank you and
Best of luck

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   pfred

pfred

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:27 AM

If Ch 212 is indeed THE Blase TV then you can see for yourself that nothing but love for fellow man is promoted. .

:D

#23 OFFLINE   levibluewa

levibluewa

Icon

• Registered
  • 607 posts
  • LocationWA, OR, CA

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

I wonder if 212 comes with anti-psychotic medication delivered to your home or if you need to have it prescribed by your shrink.

#24 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

As a GBTV/BLAZETV subscriber, I'm jealous that it's possibly coming to DISH before Directv.

Also, what happened to keeping politics out of the forum? Is anyone policing this side?
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

#25 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,695 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

Reminder... questions about moderation (or perceived lack thereof) should be directed in private... if you think there is an unattended problem, report a post or contact a moderator.

With regards to politics and this thread... it would be impossible to discuss the channel without acknowledging who the channel is about...and so far I haven't seen anyone go too far or any arguments or insults of forum members.

Stay on topic and within the rules and all will be well.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#26 OFFLINE   Gloria_Chavez

Gloria_Chavez

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

I saw Glenn Beck once, after South Park spoofed him.

And all I could think of was, A Face in the Crowd.
Since 1995 the average cable bill has increased 122%, while TV consumption per household just 13%.

http://www.multichan...1_Per_Month.php

http://blog.nielsen....-all-time-high/

#27 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

I wonder if 212 comes with anti-psychotic medication delivered to your home or if you need to have it prescribed by your shrink.

I think you'd already have to be on something to subscribe. But then I feel the same way about listening to Rap and watching ESPN.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#28 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

I think you'd already have to be on something to subscribe. But then I feel the same way about listening to Rap and watching ESPN.

Posted Image

Tell me more about being on drugs.
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

#29 OFFLINE   knot

knot

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Bring on The Blaze! I will subscribe on Dish also.

#30 OFFLINE   Jaspear

Jaspear

Godfather

• Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

Bring on The Blaze! I will subscribe on Dish also.

If 212 actually does turn out to be Blaze TV, I suspect it will be included at a certain package level or higher, perhaps AT250 or higher. Or maybe BB. If it was a premium channel, wouldn't it be in the 300 range?
"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

Jean Chrétien, Prime Minister of Canada, 1993 - 2003.

#31 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 900 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

I'll watch.... if it's free, I watched GB on Fox when I could. I never bought into his ideology, but he was, at times, very entertaining.
GB could have a Vegas act, late night guest slot, maybe a show, or even a sitcom....and I imagine he would get less negatives.....Say what you want about his views on politics, he's a showman first and foremost, add some beautiful women and he could have a hit.

Edited by 356B, 05 September 2012 - 06:50 PM.

Thank you and
Best of luck

#32 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

The Blase TV is more than just Glenn's old FNC show. He invested in a large staff to produce programming like comedy and kids shows. That's a large investment for a network that as of today can only be seen if you have a Roku and a decent broadband connection. Decent broadband bandwidth is not universally available just yet, so satellite is still the way to go.

#33 OFFLINE   AZ.

AZ.

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

I'll watch.... if it's free, I watched GB on Fox when I could. I never bought into his ideology, but he was, at times, very entertaining.
GB could have a Vegas act, late night guest slot, maybe a show, or even a sitcom....and I imagine he would get less negatives.....Say want you want about his views on politics, he's a showman first and foremost, add some beautiful women and he could have a hit.

When he was on CNN you found out much more about his road traveled....now he is a caricature of hisself.....It is sad!

I think very much, he is drinking again, I dont wish that on anyone!

#34 OFFLINE   Jaspear

Jaspear

Godfather

• Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:11 AM

The Blase TV is more than just Glenn's old FNC show. He invested in a large staff to produce programming like comedy and kids shows. That's a large investment for a network that as of today can only be seen if you have a Roku and a decent broadband connection. Decent broadband bandwidth is not universally available just yet, so satellite is still the way to go.

Yep.. It would be easy to do a linear channel schedule in four, six hour blocks per day; Beck's three hour radio show, the radio show fourth hour with Beck's side kicks, the signature one hour Glenn Beck TV show and the one hour "Real News From The Blaze". They also produce a daily kids show and weekly reality and comedy programming and Beck is hinting that he has an upcoming show modeled after "Glee". Plus all the documentaries and special events.

As good as Roku is, it's not a particularly good DVR and even with adequate bandwidth, there can be annoying 'glitches' in the streaming. He needs more than the 300,000 or so viewers he currently gets on the internet.

Edited by Jaspear, 04 September 2012 - 11:25 AM.

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

Jean Chrétien, Prime Minister of Canada, 1993 - 2003.

#35 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

When he was on CNN you found out much more about his road traveled....now he is a caricature of hisself.....It is sad!

I think very much, he is drinking again, I dont wish that on anyone!

Don't say that. That's how rumors start. I don't believe for one minute that he is drinking again. He just had a successful event in Dallas. He couldn't pull events like that off if he was not firmly in control of himself and his staff.

Granted some of his comedy bits on his radio show go off the deep end at times (I wish he could hear how that sounds from the listener's perspective). But for the most part he is still on the money.

#36 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

That's how rumors start.

Not according to this post.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#37 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,695 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Thank you... thank you... as noted, I will be here all week ;)

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#38 OFFLINE   AZ.

AZ.

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

Don't say that. That's how rumors start. I don't believe for one minute that he is drinking again. He just had a successful event in Dallas. He couldn't pull events like that off if he was not firmly in control of himself and his staff.

Granted some of his comedy bits on his radio show go off the deep end at times (I wish he could hear how that sounds from the listener's perspective). But for the most part he is still on the money.

Well.....If you watched him on CNN he was normal !!!! Not this wacky person who started at FOX and the advertisers said enough...

He was good on CNN....now a sad joke of a man!

Drugs or drinking, can only be the excuse!

#39 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

Obviously Dish has an excess of free bandwidth:grin:

#40 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 739 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

Obviously Dish has an excess of free bandwidth:grin:

Can't believe there isn't better choices out there.

Yes, I respect freedom of speech,[ to another poster who likes this guy] I just don't want to pay for it.[not his version, at any rate] I just hope dish is going to charge extra for this. The response should tell the story.

please don't add it to my 250 package as a substitute channel. I already have syfy.:nono2:

Edited by satcrazy, 04 September 2012 - 06:31 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...