Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

what channels does FTA satellite offer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jestwaitn

jestwaitn

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

hello,

this might be a common question to newbees here, but what do i get when switching from dishnetwork to FTA satellite?

i just want to watch the major networks in the u.s. and cnbc and anything else that is legal.

-jestwaitn

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

ABC, NBC, and CBS available in HD (all 4 times Zones)
CW, MeTV, RTV available
Fox available in SD only via station in Puerto Rico
CNBC not available (scrambled)
PBS, NASA HD, Al Jazeera English SD, Russia Today news SD (Ku band)
There are others available as well.

You will need a 10' C/KU band dish/LNB and an HD receiver

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   jestwaitn

jestwaitn

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

ABC, NBC, and CBS available in HD (all 4 times Zones)
CW, MeTV, RTV available
Fox available in SD only via station in Puerto Rico
CNBC not available (scrambled)
PBS, NASA HD, Al Jazeera English SD, Russia Today news SD (Ku band)
There are others available as well.

You will need a 10' C/KU band dish/LNB and an HD receiver

ok. cnbc isn't available in the uk?

does the dish need to be motorized or stationery?

how much will this cost? ball park?

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,758 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

in the uk?

Well, there is North America forum ... It would be more helpful for you to find European sat FTA forums.

#5 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

I wonder if there's some new updated satellite channel maps out there. I see AMC9, at 83 degrees west, is not in the list of satellites available. Been looking around for a newer list, but the last one, for my Viewsat 9000, was published in 2009. Also, Lingsat is falling behind on upgrading their channel maps for North America, so their information is suspect.

#6 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

I wonder if there's some new updated satellite channel maps out there. I see AMC9, at 83 degrees west, is not in the list of satellites available. Been looking around for a newer list, but the last one, for my Viewsat 9000, was published in 2009. Also, Lingsat is falling behind on upgrading their channel maps for North America, so their information is suspect.

Just put up a 10'er and used Lyngsat. It was pretty accurate. Only a few subchannels they listed were actually not available. I think its about the most accurate listing available.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#7 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

I'm really looking at just wanting to point at AMC9 at 83w, for their oldies programming, as is SES1, at 101w and the Anik satellite at 107w. They seem to be the best bets for in the clear programming.

spam firewall