Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Free CCK offer.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FLWingNut

FLWingNut

Godfather

• Registered
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

Just got a mailer from Directv stating they're giving me a free CCK to connect my HDDVR to the Internet. I already have one of boxes hooked directly to my router, the other HD DVR is not hooked up to the network. Do I need this thing and/or is there any advantage to taking them up on it? I don't have Whole Home, if that matters.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

Just got a mailer from Directv stating they're giving me a free CCK to connect my HDDVR to the Internet. I already have one of boxes hooked directly to my router, the other HD DVR is not hooked up to the network. Do I need this thing and/or is there any advantage to taking them up on it? I don't have Whole Home, if that matters.

Given I had to pay $85 or something to get one a few months ago, I'd get the free one if there's no strings attached.

Its not great - network connection fails if I use Pandora for more than 20 mins. But it enables the iPad app, which is useful.

If you find no use for it, sell it on eBay!

#3 OFFLINE   bigmike200587

bigmike200587

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

Trying to get more people connected..... No strings attached.... Jump all over that, its a wireless CCK (CCKW)
Self Built Xion Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz
Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB Ram

I am a DIRECTV employee however all views, expressions, opinions, facts, platitudes, conjecture, compliments, criticisms, are mine even if logic dictates otherwise and are not on behalf of DIRECTV, TiVo, Thompson/RCA, Technicolor, LG, Samsung, Zinwell, or any company that may or may not be affiliated, contracted with, in the same country, making money, not for profit, or a government entity.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...