Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pittsburgh PA Local CW In HD, When?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gmc9512

gmc9512

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:04 AM

When will Directv add Pittsburgh's local CW in HD? We're the only top 30 DMA that isn't carried. It's so frustrating as another fall season is upon us and no love for us Pittsburgher's.

Who can I contact at Directv to voice my opinion?
HR24-500 Networked To Toshiba 50'' Projection
HR20-700 networked To Sony KDL- 55HX800
HR24-500 networked To Sony KDL-55HX800
HR20-700 To Sharp 42" Lcd

All are hard wired to linksys router.
Windstream DSL 6 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up

Dell XPS M1530

Iphone 4 verizon

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   kwasnicka

kwasnicka

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

Amen! I've been saying the same thing for years now. Remember last fall when the CW fall season just started? The SD would be in letterbox format so that we at least got the full picture and not a cropped one. That did not last very long and now is back to it's ugly 4:3 SD crap! It is the sister station to CBS station KDKA which is a CBS O&O station so you would think they would be treated similar.
Directv customer since 1996.

#3 OFFLINE   gmc9512

gmc9512

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

Amen! I've been saying the same thing for years now. Remember last fall when the CW fall season just started? The SD would be in letterbox format so that we at least got the full picture and not a cropped one. That did not last very long and now is back to it's ugly 4:3 SD crap! It is the sister station to CBS station KDKA which is a CBS O&O station so you would think they would be treated similar.

I agree with you 100%. Does anyone know how to contact Directv and see if this can be added? I know it probably do any good, but I'd least like to try.
HR24-500 Networked To Toshiba 50'' Projection
HR20-700 networked To Sony KDL- 55HX800
HR24-500 networked To Sony KDL-55HX800
HR20-700 To Sharp 42" Lcd

All are hard wired to linksys router.
Windstream DSL 6 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up

Dell XPS M1530

Iphone 4 verizon

spam firewall