Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 problem or AM21 problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pearkel

pearkel

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

I utilze an AM21 to pull in a secondary local market with my HR34. I wanted to pull in the secondary locals FOX station so i upgraded my antenna. Before i mounted the antenna on the tower, i just hooked up to AM21 while outside and pulled in most stations including the one I previously couldn't acquire with the older antenna after a rescan. I installed the antenna to the tower and went inside to find no signals at all on any channel. I disconnected the antenna from back of the AM21 and installed direct to tv and it is pulling in all channels. Reinstalled back into AM21 and nothing. I have reset HR34 multiple times, done initial setup more often but nothing seems to work. Could the AM21 really have just died between the time antenna was on ground back to when i mounted on tower?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dettxw

dettxw

MRVing

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,049 posts
  • LocationChoctaw, OK

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

Cycled power on AM21?

-Steve- Subscriber since Sept 1998  My Complete Setup 

SWM16 / HR44-500 (2TB & AM21) / HR34-700 (3TB & AM21) / HR24-500 (2TB eSATA) / C31 via WCCK / C41 x2 / C41W / H25-700

#3 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,140 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

Any chance you have a power inserter for an amp on your new antenna and you connected something wrong and sent 12v-18v into the AM21?

If not I would verify the USB cable is good, reset your antenna settings and start scanning again.

And...is the center conductor of the male F connector sticking out beyond the barrel about 1/4". The AM21 female connector may not be as long as the TV female connector inside.

#4 OFFLINE   pearkel

pearkel

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for the inputs, I have power cycled the am-21 to no avail. I do have a power inserted but verified it is hooked up correctly and I didn't disconnect/reconnect since installed. After I have redone setup I now can't get any channels to show up. I guess I have another am21 to purchase. :(

#5 OFFLINE   pearkel

pearkel

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

I am really having a hard time figuring this out, since this post DirecTv sent me another AM-21, plugged it up worked fine. Lasted about a month and then it went out. Direct sent me a 3rd am21 again hooked up and it worked fine, got home from church today and it is now searching for signal with the off air antenna. When i hook up antenna to my TV all channels come in perfectly with high 80's low 90's signal strength. Could i really have that bad of luck with AM-21's or is there an issue with my HR-34? I have the AM21 on a shelf by itself so heat shouldn't be an issue.
Any ideas?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...