Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
My IPAD wont find my receivers
Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:11 PM
1. IP address on all receivers( first three sets of numbers match My IPAD)..
2. I allowed External source
3. Internet connection is available on all HDDVRS
4. IPAD found all my receivers, but could not connect to network..
5. I tried manually entering in the IP address for each receiver, but it just searches for the receiver, it wont validate it???
Any other suggestions out there?
thanks in advance...
Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:42 PM
This will try to make the connection between your iPad Safari browser and your receiver.
If it is successfull, you will see a data output display, that will give info about your receivers.... (Don't post it, just let me know if it is successfully... you can PM me the details if you are not sure).
If that test doesn't work, your iPad and receivers may still be on two different networks, depending on how your router is setup (or your WiFi connection is blocked from your local LAN traffic).....
With so many different routers, and newer ones being more and more locked down out of the box... it can be a bunch of different things.
DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV
Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:09 AM
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad
Additional equipment configuration details
Sun & moon help site your satellite dish